Raptor Forum banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
I have a tuner on all my bikes and have adjusted them every which way and all three pop sometimes when hard on the gas, off for a second or two and then back hard on the throttle no matter how fat you make them. I can tune out the popping on decel no problem Have never had the same problem with the dual exhaust port bikes. The single port heads pop all stock you just don't really hear it because they are so restricted.

I ran my 18 so rich trying to stop it, it was turning my sixpack rack black where the exhaust hits it. I've wondered if Yami has them set up to spark under these conditions when the exhaust valve is open to help burn unused fuel in the exhaust because this is the only time they pop I can't tune out.
Oh i see. I thought we were talking about popping on decel. Your scenario is interesting. Almost makes me wonder if chopping the throttle like that leaves some unburnt fuel in the exhaust that ignites when you get back on it

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,079 Posts
I have a tuner on all my bikes and have adjusted them every which way and all three pop sometimes when hard on the gas, off for a second or two and then back hard on the throttle no matter how fat you make them. I can tune out the popping on decel no problem Have never had the same problem with the dual exhaust port bikes. The single port heads pop all stock you just don't really hear it because they are so restricted.

I ran my 18 so rich trying to stop it, it was turning my sixpack rack black where the exhaust hits it. I've wondered if Yami has them set up to spark under these conditions when the exhaust valve is open to help burn unused fuel in the exhaust because this is the only time they pop I can't tune out.
There are other issues going on. The 15+ ecu will pull fuel regardless of the tuning when temperatures are below around 180-190. The ais block plate is to stop the pulse from potentially pulling fresh air back into combustion; this is more of an issue with aftermarket cams than factory.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts