1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
VALVE DROPPER
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Working on a Grizzly 700....

-motor turns over fine and the spark plug fires
-pops and snaps when you turn it over with the throttle open
-when you turn it over with throttle closed, it blows the TB off the head and fire out the intake.
-timing chain appears to be stretched quite a bit.

I've already recieved some help from a few members and I appreciate that, I just wanted to get some other opinions on what could possibly be the issue with this motor. Thanks in advance for your help...

·
VALVE DROPPER
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah.. it was off one tooth when we started working on it, but its right now... still doing the same thing...

·
Premium Member
1,155 Posts
Are the intake valves seating?

·
VALVE DROPPER
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have not pulled the head yet Jeff, but certainly there is something going on with the intake valves...

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Just asking:

Would a proper valve adjustment clear up this problem?

·
If it's too loud your too old
6,925 Posts
It probably bent a valve, the one tooth that you saw being off was probably after it had been way off then jumped back to within one tooth of being right. Have you done a leak down compression test? That will tell you exactly what the deal is!

·
VALVE DROPPER
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the help everyone.. I'm not actually working on this motor, I'm trying to help a friend diagnose it with you guys help... I will certainly let you know what we find out is wrong with it... Thanks again...

·
VALVE DROPPER
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Verdict is in..... Both intake valves were slightly bent causing them not to seal...

Thanks for everybodys input....

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Cool now begins the fixing part. Then its rock an roll...Keep us posted when its up and running. Take care

Blowing the TB off...Did it cum off - ROFL think about it LMAO. Sorry LOL

·
8SEVENTY3
1,336 Posts
Verdict is in..... Both intake valves were slightly bent causing them not to seal...

Thanks for everybodys input....
Now to find out what caused them to bend so it doesnt happen again. Like I said earlier, if its all stock....it would be really hard to believe the valves could bend with all stock parts.

·
The Moose Rider
1,644 Posts
Now to find out what caused them to bend so it doesnt happen again. Like I said earlier, if its all stock....it would be really hard to believe the valves could bend with all stock parts.
Its a griz. Could have easly bent the valves if he was in slop and sucked some in.

·
VALVE DROPPER
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Considering the shape the timing chain was in, we believe it did jump time causing the valves and piston to kiss... Doesn't that sound sweet... KISS... :lol: But thats just what a couple ole country boys think, hell who knows....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts