Raptor Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 700 has been getting hot since the day I brought it , It Looses Approx 200ml of coolant a ride.And the Cooling fan was nearly always coming on :mad:
So my local dealer said you mite as well bring it in before ya warranty runs out. :grin_nod: Today I get the call that the head gasket has been leaking (blown) and ring has some damage,Which seems to of been like that for a some time :wtf:
Please let me know if anyone else had something simular.
I would strongly suggest get to your dealer as they thing it may be the head torque that started it!!

P.S The Head Gasket is on back order from Japen Go Figger :rocket:

·
Registered
596 Posts
yeah that sucks man. It is covered under the warranty right?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
:thumbsup: Thanks Guys, I hope I'm the only cuase it suck to have a 30hour motor pulled apart. :eek: And to make it more painful I picked up my New DMC Dual exhaust and PCIII from the post today great deal from SweetQuads.com :wootwoot:

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
upsguy said:
yeah that sucks man. It is covered under the warranty right?
:metal:

Yeah I hope so, As I even put a PWR racing alloy radiator upgrade in it to try to cool it down :mad:
And I rang them the day I got it and told them it seems to be losing water and he told me it's normal till they run it :brick:

·
Registered
174 Posts
I have an unlimited warranty on my engine as long as I own mine’s. :thumbsup: But I put up a fight for it with Yamaha. :grin_nod:

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
VelociRaptor said:
Hey, while its apart its a great time to do internal mods- just get with your dealership and see if its cool that while its apart.......you know :grin_nod:
:thumbsup: :lol: :thumbsup: May-be next time?! I wish

·
Registered
394 Posts
I may have the same problem with my BRAND NEW 700. I'm still trying to determine if the head gasket is blown or not. I noticed the other day after I quit riding that my radiator was boiling. I've also noticed a drop in my overflow tank. Did Yamaha cover yours?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Jman said:
I may have the same problem with my BRAND NEW 700. I'm still trying to determine if the head gasket is blown or not. I noticed the other day after I quit riding that my radiator was boiling. I've also noticed a drop in my overflow tank. Did Yamaha cover yours?
:thumbsup:Yes Fully, No cost to me at all , But the head gasket was on Back order for three weeks :brick:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.