Raptor Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Yamaha Raptor 700R 2022
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I flipped and crashed my bike bad. it's already oil and water mixing. It's looking like coolant sprayed on the crank case, but i haven't located from where exactly yet. I noticed the coolant temp light came on so i shut it off for 30 min. Then rode it home which took about 20 minutes if I'm not mistaken. I need help any ideas. It's brand new and i only have a little under 30hrs on.

So i have overheating, coolant spraying from unknown location, steam coming from radiator cap area. Then it's Oil and water starting to mix

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Sounds like you did some visible engine damage. Can you take pictures?
Did it sit upside down for any amount of time? That will allow oil past the rings.
There can be no oil and coolant mix unless something was damaged to allow it.
Did the waterpump get damaged or impacted?

·
Registered
Yamaha Raptor 700R 2022
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Did it sit upside down for any amount of time? That will allow oil past the rings.
Sending pictures
The head gasket should be fine too, unless it was overheating when you rode it home.
Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood Automotive fuel system
Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood Automotive fuel system

Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Tire Hood

Tire Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Wheel

Fuel tank Tire Automotive fuel system Automotive tire Motor vehicle

·
Registered
Yamaha Raptor 700R 2022
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok i will bring it to a shop not too far from my house and have them guys look at it. I'll let you know what the problem is once I get word

·
Administrator
9,452 Posts
Why bring it to a shop so soon? Like @Sixpack577 stated you can’t have the oil and coolant mix unless parts are damaged. How did you check oil, per the manual? You can’t check it right after shutdown, it will provide a false reading. Let’s help with some easy stuff first.

1- Start the bike
2- Watch the bike. (Look for anything obvious as far as signs of any leak)
3- Let it get to temp. If you have an insta read temp gun helps. Should take maybe 5-10 minutes.
4- Listen for the fan to kick on before any light does. Think they kick on at 210*
5- Shut bike off and wait 5 minutes or so
6- Check oil

The amount of coolant you have in your pic still shows there is some in there. Check to make sure the rubber plug is still attached to the bottle top.

Question - Coolant light came on, shut down for 30 minutes. On your 20 minute ride home was that light on at all?

Reactions: Rasway

·
Registered
Yamaha Raptor 700R 2022
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Why bring it to a shop so soon? Like @Sixpack577 stated you can’t have the oil and coolant mix unless parts are damaged. How did you check oil, per the manual? You can’t check it right after shutdown, it will provide a false reading. Let’s help with some easy stuff first.

1- Start the bike
2- Watch the bike. (Look for anything obvious as far as signs of any leak)
3- Let it get to temp. If you have an insta read temp gun helps. Should take maybe 5-10 minutes.
4- Listen for the fan to kick on before any light does. Think they kick on at 210*
5- Shut bike off and wait 5 minutes or so
6- Check oil

The amount of coolant you have in your pic still shows there is some in there. Check to make sure the rubber plug is still attached to the bottle top.

Question - Coolant light came on, shut down for 30 minutes. On your 20 minute ride home was that light on at all?
Yes the light came on while I was riding home. The way how I checked the oil i pulled the dipstick out from the left side of the quad.

·
Registered
Yamaha Raptor 700R 2022
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
@morphrider r I took the radiator guard off and can see that my radiator is bent in 2 places. The fan still works it turned on after about 10 min or so. I shut it off but noticed the coolant light didn't come on anytime. Should I run the bike around the corner to get the light to come on. I checked the oil it's so golden I really can't tell if it's water mixed in it. I haven't done the first oil change on it yet and barely get to ride due to me working out in the gulf

@Sixpack577 I still haven't located the source of the leak. Watching a few videos on YouTube got me thinking it might be a hose, waterpump, or thermostats if it's anything other than the engine. I believe the problem is there cause as the bike sits it won't leak.. I just had it idle for 10 min and didn't see anything leaking or dripping

·
Administrator
9,452 Posts
Well, that’s some good news. sounds Like no water in the oil if it looks golden. Honestly, I would wash it and just ride after checking all fluids. Perhaps there was moisture somewhere on the bike and when you rolled it splashed it? How does the rest of the bike look? How bad of a roll was it? Tip on side, flip end over end?

Reactions: Sixpack577
1 - 12 of 12 Posts