Raptor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys. So I was out cruising some dirt roads, came up on a corner, slowed down and shifted all the way down to 2nd. Pegged it all the way through 2nd and 3rd. Went to shift to 4th and instantly bounced off the rev limiter, couldn’t get it into any gear. Stopped about 100 foot later and realized oil was dripping heavily off the bottom of the frame. Shut the bike off and the oil flow stopped, start the bike back up and it gush’s oil. Can’t get it into any gear.

Any ideas on what to check first or what’s broken ?

·
Premium Member
2,563 Posts
Alright guys. So I was out cruising some dirt roads, came up on a corner, slowed down and shifted all the way down to 2nd. Pegged it all the way through 2nd and 3rd. Went to shift to 4th and instantly bounced off the rev limiter, couldn’t get it into any gear. Stopped about 100 foot later and realized oil was dripping heavily off the bottom of the frame. Shut the bike off and the oil flow stopped, start the bike back up and it gush’s oil. Can’t get it into any gear.

Any ideas on what to check first or what’s broken ?
Where is the oil coming from?

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Ya what twebb said... and did it throw the chain?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,563 Posts
It seems to mostly be coming from around the front sprocket, or at least that area.
Chain is still on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You’ll need to take the chain off, degrease the area and see what happened.
My guess would be that the trans is done and oil is either coming through the countershaft seal or a crack in the case.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Did you find the source of the leak?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts