Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yup, they just came. I almost humped the DHL guy's leg!! Very nice looking product, I will get them on tonight and post a couple pics of how things go!!!

Thanks again to Mr. Barker for making a set of in frames and to Steven at Tech Quad Shop for getting the product to me!!!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Blue Label Barkers just arrived!

I can try for videos. Not sure if time tonight though.

·
Registered
2,439 Posts

Is that a vid of the bike's new pipes or the DHL guy?? :crazy:

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

I got both...Not sure how to post either. I figure you guys probably want the DHL guy first, so I will focus on that!!

LOL

Seriously though. The barkers are damn nice looking and the fit is a piece of cake. From a fully assembled bike with a DrD full exhaust system on it, to Barkers on racing down the street: less than 45 minutes.

I was REALLy surprised at the difference they made. I have head port, 12:1 piston, custom intake, PCIII and the DrD. I didn't think the duals were going to make a real huge difference, I was wrong. They worked with the whole mod group like a charm and made a difference like when I put the 12:1 piston in. I dyno and tune this saturday, I will post some graphs to compre single to full, ect when I get a chance!!

·
Registered
2,439 Posts

That sounds awesome!! Can't wait to see your dyno sheet. :grin_nod:

·
Registered
241 Posts

Another satisfied Barkers customer thats good to see cant wait for mine

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts

Glad to hear your happy with the duals :thumbsup: I have told countless people that with the better curve the duals, weather it be LTE's or Barkers produce even if the HP difference is only 1.5 to 2 RWHP seat of the pants wise it feels like much more by virture of the better curve and extending the top end HP & RPM range. It also shows up when running side by side with a single piped bike as well. Enjoy your new found power :)

·
Registered
2,017 Posts

Are DMC's no good? Just curios because you didn't mention them. Just curious.

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts

DrDsRaptor said:
Are DMC's no good? Just curios because you didn't mention them. Just curious.

I try keep my opinion of the DMC's to myself as to not ruffle the feathers of any DMC owners out there.

You should give Mark H at Kenz cycle tech a call and ask him what he has been running into on the dyno when switching out a middle of the road single exhaust to the DMC, you'll be suprised at what he has to say. In the words of Forest Gump, that's all I have to say about that ;)

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Dyno in the morning, I will try and throw the pics up then with a dyno chart

·
Registered
2,439 Posts

I'll be waiting.... :grin_nod: :p

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: Blue Label Barkers just arrived! (updated 4-21-07 pics & dyno)

Couple Pics of the T-Dub Racing Swing Arm. Great product

Below is the dyno chart.

Info on the Dyno & build
Elevation: 6050FT
12:1 Piston, Head Port, Barker Duals, 4" filter intake, PCIII USB

Someone was kind enough to get me an SAE corrected dyno chart of my run. Here it is

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
Daaamn, that's a bad ass looking 700R :thumbsup: I love the combo of the candy blue anodizing on your carrier & brakes against the chrome on the swinger :eek: Love the blue on the frame as well, awesome detail :) What would your corrected HP be, do you know?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks a lot Randy, coming from a guy with a Raptor of your calibers, I take that as a very nice compliments!!

The correction factor for here is 1.26, to the best of my knowledge. That puts it at 66 HP way down where you ride!! LOL

Craziest part is Randy, I compared my map to your LTE map, I have WAY less fuel going in....The A/F was hovering around 14 when he was tuning, seems lean to me but the machine runs great, plug checks out and the header looks good. Not sure if I will leave it there though, I like a little richer normally ;)

Additional Note: Thanks again to Terry Geisick of Geisick Performance. Terry helped out a lot on my project, including the big HP gain head port job!!!

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
Hey, you deserve the props, that's a bitchin machine :thumbsup:

Shit, up there in space where your at you can proabably get away with running pump gas on the screamer ;)

So, am I understanding you right, the map your running has less fuel added than my 3 mod map I sent you?

Man, you need to move to sea level that alltitude is killin you :crazy: :)

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yes, less fuel. I can't figure it out, though I still think I am a bit lean.

Ya, I know. Elevation sucks!!!

And Yes, I run pump gas...hahaha

1 - 20 of 37 Posts