Raptor Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i broke both sides of the main frame ( the aluminum part) this sucks will get pic when i have a chance
anyone else managed to do this
cant believe they dont sell them as seprate parts; you have to buy the steal part to?

·
Registered
123 Posts
how did you break ur frame??

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i was riding the mx track at the local dealer here and it snaped i could not believe it

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Must be the weak link to the mighty Raptor. :'( :'( :'( Anyone know of a gusset kit for the raptor?? :3question:

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
pics

Attachments

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
pics

Attachments

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Can you post some bigger pictures?

·
Registered
29 Posts
i have jumped as much as 55ft landing on top of a tabltop and havent had any issues yet. Im starting to get worried though. what kinda height and distance were you jumping. Did you case it??

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
they had up to 100ft table there. i was doing about 80 to 90 of it.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
That is a lot of air you got. :eek: :eek:

·
Premium Member
6,553 Posts
I have cracked mine too....not that bad lol but I have. I posted up about it when it happened about 8 months ago. I have a new one that I gusseted at that spot on both sides and I repaired the old one and gussted it too and kept it just in case somethink like this happened to someone else....if you need it, it is clearanced for the brake light switch on this side I just dont have it on my 700R :)

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i go about 205 in full gear.

·
Premium Member
6,553 Posts
The reason why it cracks/breaks there is because the aluminum part of the main frame is sand cast meaning the frame is hollow in that spot and there is a hole in the inside part of the frame in that area that they used to get the sand out after casting.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts