Raptor Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Ride or Die
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
dumb question but.......Anyone ever buy the yamaha raptor 700 bolt kits or do you just use whatever bolts you have lying around?? My last ride i went pretty hard for about 5 hours and when i got home i had a few bolts missing from the fender & other body area....i may just use regular bolts but if the kits specific to bolts that go in certain areas then ill buy...

·
Premium Member
1,428 Posts
I bought one of the small kits and carry in my tool box for short term fixes. Comes in handy...and so does loctite.

·
Ride or Die
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I bought one of the small kits and carry in my tool box for short term fixes. Comes in handy...and so does loctite.
ok cooll how much did you pay??? and where did you order it from??

·
Registered
109 Posts
ha ha this really hits home for me. after my first break in ride of about 3 hours i got home and my quad was litterally falling apart! i was missing bolts all over the place! both front and rear bumpers were hanging by only one bolt, rear shock had lost the nut but the bolt was still there, front fenders had lost almost all their bolts, and a few engine cover bolts were missing! i got on ebay and got a master bolt kit thats supposed to have every oem bolt in it. when it got to my door i grabbed some blue loctite and did a once over on just about every damn bolt i could find! i bought my bike as a brand new 08 in 2012 so it sat for 4-5 years in a non heated garage so i blame most of the loose bolts on the fact that it saw multiple -45 to +85 tempature changes in the years it sat.

so yeah i got a bolt kit and its damn near half empty ha ha. loctite is your friend!

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
ha ha this really hits home for me. after my first break in ride of about 3 hours i got home and my quad was litterally falling apart! i was missing bolts all over the place! both front and rear bumpers were hanging by only one bolt, rear shock had lost the nut but the bolt was still there, front fenders had lost almost all their bolts, and a few engine cover bolts were missing! i got on ebay and got a master bolt kit thats supposed to have every oem bolt in it. when it got to my door i grabbed some blue loctite and did a once over on just about every damn bolt i could find! i bought my bike as a brand new 08 in 2012 so it sat for 4-5 years in a non heated garage so i blame most of the loose bolts on the fact that it saw multiple -45 to +85 tempature changes in the years it sat.

so yeah i got a bolt kit and its damn near half empty ha ha. loctite is your friend!
+1...Loctite is good....:)

·
Just a 78HP trail bike
2,426 Posts

·
The UK's fastest Raptor
1,188 Posts
+1 for loctite. But there's loads of different types. Try Loctite 243 as you'll be able to get stuff apart again without leaving that horrible white powder in the threads. I haven't lost any bolts since my last employer 'lent' a few bottles to me :)

·
Just a 78HP trail bike
2,426 Posts
I think it does. It has a couple of just about everyting you need for the raptor

·
Registered
521 Posts
i just throw on some sae bolts and nuts :)
or find out the size and get some from true value or fastenal.
last i looked my 660s top motor mount bolt was gone and the bottom was almost gone...got the size and fixed it with new bolts and blue loctite

1 - 11 of 11 Posts