Raptor Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i thought my one way junked out on me. But as it turnd out it was not that. The bolts that hold the one way to the magnito was all sheerd off. What could have caused this. I was abel to get 5 of the bolt heads out of the motor but cant find 6th one. What are the chances the bolt got sheerd up in the motor cause we were out riding when it happend so we just pull started it and ran it for a while. The oil that came out was full of shavings and a few chunks of metal but when we rode it before we knew anything was wrong it done fine no problems shifting or anything besides the starter not turning over the motor. Any advice would be appreciated.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Well i thought my one way junked out on me. But as it turnd out it was not that. The bolts that hold the one way to the magnito was all sheerd off. What could have caused this. I was abel to get 5 of the bolt heads out of the motor but cant find 6th one. What are the chances the bolt got sheerd up in the motor cause we were out riding when it happend so we just pull started it and ran it for a while. The oil that came out was full of shavings and a few chunks of metal but when we rode it before we knew anything was wrong it done fine no problems shifting or anything besides the starter not turning over the motor. Any advice would be appreciated.
If you just changed the one way, did you reuse the original bolts, you should use new ones and they should be loctited in and torqued to the correct ft/lbs. The reason the bolts cut off is generally because they arent tightened properly,if tightened too loose, there is insufficient tension to retain the one way to the flywheel and too tight and you stretch the bolts and the same will happen........

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok that would make a lot of sense. But what do you think about that last bolt head iv fliped it up and on its side but i still can not get that last bolt head. Thanks willykiller

·
Premium Member
3,166 Posts
you need that last bolt head out of the motor.....and flush the motor with oil to get all the shavings out. get a telescopic magnet and go nuts in there until you find it. also remove the bottom oil line in the oil tank and remove the shavings fron the screen on that line

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Ok that would make a lot of sense. But what do you think about that last bolt head iv fliped it up and on its side but i still can not get that last bolt head. Thanks willykiller
Lay the bike on its side, tailend, front end, whatever, find it and get it out...............:D

·
Registered
65 Posts
def find that bolt! i had the same problem a couple years back and in turn it shot right through my case one day= mad headaches. dont learn the hard way

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well i have had this quad on every side tryin to find that bolt head. And iv also broke 2 telescopic magnets and havent had any luck i took the clutch cover side off and it was not in ther. could this bolt have ben grinded up in the motor cause ther wer a lot of shavings in it plus some little chunks. I dont know what else to do.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Well i have had this quad on every side tryin to find that bolt head. And iv also broke 2 telescopic magnets and havent had any luck i took the clutch cover side off and it was not in ther. could this bolt have ben grinded up in the motor cause ther wer a lot of shavings in it plus some little chunks. I dont know what else to do.
If the bolt got chewed up by the engine trans, you would have lots more problems..............

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I had a buddy of mine shake it and still nothing , the guy i got it off of replaced the one way befor i got it and he just replaced the bearing nothing else im starting to wonder if he broke it off tighting the bolts up to beganwith. Thanks for the advice guys im going to try and get a hold of the guy who replaced it and see if he broke it but even if he did he probly wont admit to it

·
Premium Member
3,166 Posts
this may be a bad idea so check with willy before you do it.....but you might be able to turn the motor over a couple full rotations and see if the bolt head breaks loose from something its jammed against....it sounds like a long shot and I not positive you should be turning the motor over when its tore apart that much.....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts