Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, im looking for some riding boots.... I would like for them to be comfortable.... I am not a RACER or anything.... I run a few MX tracks a couple times a year... but mainly i just ride trails.... but i would like the boots to be comfortable.... Boots that keep some of the water out would be great...

I would appreciate "links" also.... Let me know what boots you have and whether you like them or not....

Again i would like to get some comfortable boots, do not need to be full out racing boots...

Thanks Plattner
And yes i started this thread in the "riding gear" but wasnt getting any replies...hoping for results here in the discussion. thanks guys

·
Registered
665 Posts
i got some foxx off road"trakker" boots and thay are really stiff at first but, they break in , just keep wearin em, oh and u need to ask round cuz some company boots u need to order a size bigger, or smaller etc>

·
Registered
994 Posts
Whats with the "..." all the time? :crazy: :confused: :3question:

Anyways, I have boots and never wear them when i go riding. Not waterproof. :lol:

·
Registered
1,678 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for your guys help...

Plattner

i said that i started this in the riding gear section, but got no responses... thats why i brought it up in the discussion part.... and its good that i did, at least i got responses over here....

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have Alpinestar Tech 10s and I love them. After running over my feet a couple times with regular boots, I am a true believer in a good quality boot. I personally think that Alpinstar makes some of the most comfortable boots.

We have used all different brands of riding boots and finally all of us are wearing the Alpinestars. Sure they are more expensive, but so is the cost of a broken leg for not wearing any type of a riding boot. I think that they are most comfortable boot to wear either riding or just hanging out at the campsite.

I see too many riders out on the dunes wearing tennis shoes because they don't want to scratch up their polished engines or plastic. I think that is a poor excuse for not getting any.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
I wear Gaerne SG-10's and love them. Alpine Star makes a good boot but the Tech 8 and Tech 10 boot is too bulky to me. They do not have an all-terain sole though. I ride bikes and quads. Easy on/off, very comfortable, good buckles, and top notch build quality.

They have an atv boot that is top notch quality and a great price. Read the reviews here: http://www.gaerneusa.com/news/

SG-10

Explorer

·
Registered
273 Posts
Don't buy the Thor boots my buddy has them and the latches keep breaking. Thor sent him 2 and said he had to pay for them from now on...lame. I have the Answer (mode I think). They are very comfortable. Just make sure to get metal latches, imo.

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
You guys are going to think I'm nuts but I don't MX or race any more, I'm just a duner/hillshooter in my old age. When I tried to ride with my old Sidi cyclone MX boots on my quad I hated them, I couldn't shift like I could on a 2 wheeler even after re positioning the shifter so I found myself just wearing regular shoes while I was riding the sand. I saw a buddy of mine was wearing some real comfortable looking boots so I asked him about them and he said they were Joe Rocket street bike boots, work great for dune only riding so I went to the local MC shop and tried some on and fell in love. They work great for me in the dunes and I even ran over my foot with my haulers :eek: when I got part way off on a wild tree shot and they did their job for me, that and they don't tear up the plastic or wear the paint off my frame as my jeans cover them. I wouldn't even think about them for track riding & racing but they sure do work well for dunin.

·
Registered
429 Posts
I ride on alpinestars tech 6. I use them for both bike and quad, a phenominal mid priced boot. You can spend a lot more or a lot less, the best thing to do is go to a moto shop that has a few different brands and try them on. Every boot is cut just a little bit different.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Gaerne boots are by far the most comfortable. I had a set of an older model called the 6-Day's Boot. They were great...so great that someone stole them from my campsite. I replaced them with some Fox boots (which are made by Alpinestars) and they've been good, but I'm in the market for a new set, and I'll be getting the Gaerne Explorer boots.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
I have the Alpinestars Vector boots, they are incredible! No breaking in necessary, the sole is very confortable, when I land a jump don't evel feel the strain on the sole. They go for about $230, as some have put it: they are the sneakers of the off-road boots. They are sweet looking too:
http://www.alpinestars.com/Vector_Boot/pd/np/110/p/20802.html

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thank you guys very much... I am going to make a trip to a couple dealers today, and at least try some on, so i know which size to order in which brand.... I really like the look of the Alpinestar Vector boot.... it just looks comfortable, but i will check them all out... i want to take a look at the Gaerne boots as well..

Thanks again... Plattner

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
I only ride with 50 style boots on my atv cuase they are so much easier to move around in and stuff and still offer great protection. I personally use the Axo slammers which I got real cheap on Ebay.

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
So far I like the Thor boots. They are not broken in yet. Not too pricey.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have the alpinestar vectors they are awsome!!!

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I am liking those Vectors aLOT.. THey even look comfortable... hopefully i can find a dealer around me in Missouri, that has them so i can at least try then on to find my size... thanks again guys...

Plattner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts