Raptor Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok I hit some jumps the other day and it sounded like the shock or the bike actuall bottomed out. If i raised the spring up more would that help that out or what would I need to do? I have never adjusted shocks before so be specific. thanks

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Looking at the shock from the top, you want to turn the ring clockwise to make the suspension (preload) harder.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Teraflx said:
Looking at the shock from the top, you want to turn the ring clockwise to make the suspension (preload) harder.
ok (the ring) are you talking about the part it looks like you use a flat head screw driver for? How much would i need to turn it? When i adjust this is it going to cause me to launch different off the jumps? Will it change the way it turns or change the way i take bumps? Also, are you talking about the front shocks or rear shock or both?

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
I was talking about rear. Since you have an SE it should be the same front suspension wise as yfz shocks. Which is true for the rear too.

You loosen the top ring by turning it counter clockwise. That will allow movement of the lower ring nut which is the adjustment ring. To make that stiffer you want to move it clockwise(down) front and rear.

If you read this article it helps explain alot about what the adjustments do on suspension and how to dial it in to your needs.

http://atv.off-road.com/atv/article/articleDetail.jsp?id=192286

Shoot me a PM if you have any questions man, dialing in your suspension isnt hard but may take a little time to get it perfect for you. Once you do it will be a whole new machine. 8)

·
Registered
584 Posts
When you turn the ring it compresses the spring which makes it harder to compress when you land. I had to do this to my rear shock to keep from bottoming out.

·
Registered
899 Posts
btac said:
Teraflx said:
ok (the ring) are you talking about the part it looks like you use a flat head screw driver for? How much would i need to turn it? When i adjust this is it going to cause me to launch different off the jumps? Will it change the way it turns or change the way i take bumps? Also, are you talking about the front shocks or rear shock or both?
Short of taking it apart you can’t get to it with a spanner wrench. A big screwdriver and a big heavy hammer. Pound hard yet carefully. After the first few grooves in the ring you won’t care.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks guys

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
I pm'd you back. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts