Raptor Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
17,062 Posts
Lots of good info here. While it's primarily aimed at utes the KFX 700 shares much of it's powertrain with the engine that debuted in the Prairie 650.

http://atv.dnsalias.com/

Kawieriders.com (or is it kawiriders?) or something like that is a good forum site. They were down for a while but I thinik they're back up.

It's a nice cruising machine, my father's got an 04 Prairie 700 and it's nice when the electronics work. Luckily most of the problems are unique to the 4wd varieties.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Nice. What type of riding is she going to doing with it? That quad is fairly large and heavy for a woman. Why did you pick that one? I do know the motors can be built real strong. They are also fairly comfy, kind of like riding a sport couch. :lol:

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
My wife has the suzi LTZ400, loves it, I wouldn't be able to get her onto something like the 700, cos she doesn't like the weight of the heavier bike (she finds the rappy heavy after her 400).

·
Registered
733 Posts
I always thought the 700 was neat but never actually got to ride one...

Post up some pics of it :thumbsup:

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
She wanted it because its an automatic and she liked what she read about it. Most magazines referred to it as a casual trail machine. We had it out the day we got it (only a couple days ago) and it handled itself pretty well in the snow. She is just going to use it to cruise around more than anything. I thinks its gonna be a great machine for her. We just had to make sure she felt comfortable sitting on it and when we got it home she loved it.

·
Registered
511 Posts
be careful it rolls easy.. i am replacing the plastics on my wifes right now. friggin time consuming.. sis in law 15 hit some whoops and backend kicked and it turned front dropped and it went over with her on it. dislocated shoulder cuts and bruises but all in all ok. plastic wasnt so lucky. so i replaced it and the steering stem. other than that very fun to ride. get a muzzy exhaust and an intake then jet it and you will love the sound and the response. they ride real smooth also kinda like a polaris.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts