Raptor Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up an 06 raptor leftover...so when i got home i let it warm up about 5 mintues and then took it for a short ride...when i got done the head pipe was glowing red :mad:...i didnt run it hard at all...is this normal?

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
brake in is easy, ride it normally varying rpm. after its warm ride it kinda hard, reason being you need to set the rings and valves. if you pussy foot you could risk putting ware lines on the inside of the cilinder from the piston. you want the edges of the piston rings to ware an even patterm on the cylinder wall. bottom line is ride it normal, crack it every once in a while to keep the R's up. it also helps to engine brake down a hill, this will seat the rings the oppisite direction. PS I rode wheelies all the way across the parking lot before i put it on my truck from the dealership :thumbsup: :satan:

·
Registered
17,851 Posts
peanut326 said:
Just picked up an 06 raptor leftover...so when i got home i let it warm up about 5 mintues and then took it for a short ride...when i got done the head pipe was glowing red :mad:...i didnt run it hard at all...is this normal?
yup, mine idleing will just glow, then you rev a little, and you can watch it go down the header, :) its all good!

·
Registered
815 Posts
yea no worried man.... I freaked out the first time i rode mine also.... This forum is awesome-for any questions you have...

Plattner

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
plattner said:
yea no worried man.... I freaked out the first time i rode mine also.... This forum is awesome-for any questions you have...

Plattner
thanks for the all the replys

·
Registered
4,080 Posts
Looks impressive in the dark!

·
Registered
423 Posts
peanut326 said:
RaptorFreeeek said:
I agree....it's norm, you're fine. Enjoy! :thumbsup:
well that makes me feel better...how did you break yours in??
ride it like u stole dont just rarry the rpms the more u do that the more the rings will seel like crap riding it hard helps seel the rings alot better.. here is a site to look at...

http://www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm

·
Registered
2 Posts
Wow, I am really glad I registered to this forum. Just picked up 07 SE 700, have not ridden it yet except up and down the street. Taking E-II to Glamis this weekend to break her in. I have a 01 660 named Eleanor after "Gone in 60 Seconds", hince "E-II". I plan on visiting and asking alot of questions. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
683 Posts
raptorwild said:
Wow, I am really glad I registered to this forum. Just picked up 07 SE 700, have not ridden it yet except up and down the street. Taking E-II to Glamis this weekend to break her in. I have a 01 660 named Eleanor after "Gone in 60 Seconds", hince "E-II". I plan on visiting and asking alot of questions. :thumbsup:
welcome aboard
and best of luck with your new quad

·
Registered
103 Posts
You can light a ciger off them Trust me :grin_nod:

·
Registered
84 Posts
I think my header is going to melt down sometimes, but no problems after 1 yr...

·
Registered
103 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts