Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Dad just bought a new orange and black Raptor 700 SE yesterday. This bike is going to be used as an all around duner and trail machine. So the mods are going to be limited to a K&N filter, a full exhaust system, and an EFI controller.

So here's what I want:

Opinions on what full exhaust system, what controller, and what to use for paddle front and rear(sizes too). What would you use is money was not a concern?

·
Premium Member
6,553 Posts
If money is of no concern the run duals of any top brand, GYTR filter and adaptor, and Power Commander....and throw a 15t Renthal sprocket on the front while your at it, youl love it. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
if on a budget. hmf full exhaust, gytr filter and adapter, and dobeck controller. and no matter what put a set of nerf bars on. the legs will thank you for it, trust me.... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Money not a concern...... DMC dual full exhaust, pro design filter with outerwears and billet adapter, no lid, power commander. Like Veloci said, get a 15t front sprocket.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Ditto Teraflx :thumbsup:

·
Registered
200 Posts
The duel exhaust systems are great by all means (looks and performance) but for me personally it would be too much pipeing. I would think it would make it a little more complicated to get to anything on or around the motor, again JMO.
Even though most will refer to the HMF as a budget system, I think they're among the best. For an 07 SE I'd go with either a black (or orange, but I don't think they make one for the 700) or polished HMF sport full system, Pro-Flow K&N, and I'd most likely go with the PCIII. All this even if money was no object.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Although I am definitely a believer in dual exhaust(I have LTE's on my 727 Rappy), I'm not real sure I want to go with duals on this new one. Mostly for aesthetic reasons. My 2001 Raptor(wearing Fullbore plastic) just has a little bump in the rear fender where the pipe goes. Whereas this 2007 has a large bump. Which I think will make the dual setup look like crap. Anyone have a pic of duals from behind? Also, my thinking is the duals power output over a single on a stock motor will be minimal.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Money is no object?
LTE or DMC Dual Exhaust.
Power Commander PCIII controller.
Pro Design or Pro Flow Intake with K&N type filter and Outerwears.
Custom Axis or TCS front LT Shocks and +3 A-arms.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
DMC Duals

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Teraflx said:
DMC Duals

Thank's for the pic. It really doesn't give you a good view of the left side though. I'd really like one from directly behind and at least level to or above the fenders.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Boy, sure is a lot of recomendations on the DMC exhaust that NONE of us know much about.....how could it all the sudden be the best, and recomended pipe?

Its too new to be recomending as the "best setup"........ :crazy:

Sounds like a nice system, but I dont understand recomending something you know hardly anything about?

......I recomend the LTE's for a dual system RIGHT NOW, and pretty much any of the leading singles. If you want max power for a single, the CT seems to be a hard pipe to beat....but its fugly IMO

·
Registered
270 Posts
I agree, these pipes just came out and someone just had a dyno done on them. I did buy a set and they are installed but can't tell you if there worth a sh** in real world driving yet. They look good. The LTE's are proven in the real world. I would hold off until there are some real world results. I will call Kenz on Tuesday, I know they dynoed and tested a set on Friday. I hope they turn out good because I bought a sent unproven. I took a chance.

135boom said:
Boy, sure is a lot of recomendations on the DMC exhaust that NONE of us know much about.....how could it all the sudden be the best, and recomended pipe?

Sounds like a nice system, but I dont understand recomending something you know hardly anything about?

......I recomend the LTE's for a dual system RIGHT NOW, and pretty much any of the leading singles. If you want max power for a single, the CT seems to be a hard pipe to beat....but its fugly IMO

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
superchargemyride said:
I agree, these pipes just came out and someone just had a dyno done on them. I did buy a set and they are installed but can't tell you if there worth a sh** in real world driving yet. They look good. The LTE's are proven in the real world. I would hold off until there are some real world results. I will call Kenz on Tuesday, I know they dynoed and tested a set on Friday. I hope they turn out good because I bought a sent unproven. I took a chance.

135boom said:

I hope they end up being everything you wanted. Sure seems the install is 100X's easier, and things actually fit together....haha!
That dyno didnt look to bad, but I would like to see a comparison of the two, cause the LTE's curve is still looking far superior......but hard to say not coming off the same dyno and quad.

·
Registered
25 Posts
What are all of your opinoins on the Ron Woods single systen for the 700?

From what I have seen they seem to be one of the better single systems out there.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
IDAHOBALLER said:

From what I have seen they seem to be one of the better single systems out there.
I have yet to find any information on the Ron Woods pipe.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
IDAHOBALLER said:
:thumbsup:
Is that the best pic you can come up with? How about one on a somewhere near stock looking bike with factory fenders. :eek:

·
Registered
779 Posts
RAPTORAZ said:
IDAHOBALLER said:

I have yet to find any information on the Ron Woods pipe.
The Woods website pricelist shows Raptor 700 stuff, but I couldn't see anything in the main site.

http://www.rotax.net/PDF files/price list.pdf

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
There is a Woods dyno sheet here in the forums somewhere. i forget the topic so you you will have to do a search. It seems the Woods does really good on the top end at the expense of the rest of the RPM band.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
here, I keep posting it all over the place.......woods vs lte. Same quad, same dyno.PCIII and Trinity intake

Attachments

1 - 20 of 22 Posts