1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so heres my Story:

Dont know why, But all the sudden I decided I had to have a Raptor 700
I already have a stable of toys including:
3 Tri Z 250's (sold one the day I bought the quad so 2 now)
A Banshee thats Built like Crazy
A 2003 YZ 250 (2 stroke)
and a 2003 R1
and of course now the Raptor 700

I was first interested in the plain blue, then saw the GYTR's and fell in love with them but I was having trouble finding one so i "settled" for the SE II

I bought it sight unseen over the phone, and let me tell you If I had been there in person, I woul have picked the SE II over the GYTR all day long. The quad is beautiful. What im sure alot of you dont realize is that the Blue on this quad is actually a blue carbon fiber look, It looks Awesome!

I got the dealer to switch out the black wheels in favor of the Silver ones for Free. Not to mention the price I go this thing for.

The SE II retails for $7649

I got it for $6273
plus 327 setup & freight
599 for the 4 year warrenty
575 TAX
and 17.50 DMV registration
making the total 7842 (only 200 over MSRP with a 4 year warrenty and tax applied!!)

My first impressions of the quad are it is pretty impressive out of the box, Lots of torque and we clocked it against a dodge dakota and got 80 MPH out of it. I am a little sick in the head though and do wish it had some more power.
The turning sucks... I will be doing something to make it turn better. Other then that everything seems pretty good. (except the dealership didnt tighten one of those wheels down and it did come off in 2 minutes of riding... now I got new nuts on the way, but I had extras on my banshee)

Ive already posted some pics in another thread but this one deserves them as well...

Attachments

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
And some more...

Attachments

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
... And some more

Attachments

G

·
you had 3 tri z's... Lucky!

extra power w/ intake, fi controller and exhaust... But I'm sure you already knew that!

Nice bike though :thumbsup:

·
Registered
13,279 Posts
Where did you pick yours up at? Here is socal they are going for about 7100-7200 out the door. But thats without the 4 year warrenty added on, but thats only another 460 for that here. I love the carbon look too, thats what really sold me over the GYTR.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Sounds like you need a set of Barkers :grin_nod: if you want more power.

Nice pick on the bike.

G

·
socalrappy700 said:
Where did you pick yours up at? Here is socal they are going for about 7100-7200 out the door. But thats without the 4 year warrenty added on, but thats only another 460 for that here. I love the carbon look too, thats what really sold me over the GYTR.
Picked her up in SC - 7300 OTD w/ the warranty...

·
Registered
13,279 Posts
Rapt0rMan said:
socalrappy700 said:
Picked her up in SC - 7300 OTD w/ the warranty...
Nice! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
751 Posts
DAMN you did 80? WTF.. I think there is something wrong with mine then. I have the 3 mods. (PCIII, K&N intake, and Bill ballance full exhaust) and I only hit 74.8mph according to my gps. I also had the quiet core in and the speed sensor was still in.. Anyone have any suggestions or maps, i dont think mine is correct. o yeah welcome to the forum :thumbsup:

G

·
06RAPPY700R said:
DAMN you did 80? WTF.. I think there is something wrong with mine then. I have the 3 mods. (PCIII, K&N intake, and Bill ballance full exhaust) and I only hit 74.8mph according to my gps. I also had the quiet core in and the speed sensor was still in.. Anyone have any suggestions or maps, i dont think mine is correct. o yeah welcome to the forum :thumbsup:
I have the pc III and I downloaded a map from the PC site and it works great! Also, tracking your speed w/ a GPS isn't all that accurate. Tire pressure also has a lot to do with top end speed/...

In order to get you controller to work perfectly w/ you bike and mods will require a trip to a dyno...

·
Registered
751 Posts
hey ss396chevelless.. You have a chevelle? Heres a picture of one of my buddies. he just finished it. scary fast.

·
Registered
751 Posts
yeah true.. I had the tire pressures way off the first time and hit 73.7 then adjusted the pressures and hit 74.8. I was also on cement. wasnt getting too much traction said my buddies who were trying to follow me.

·
Registered
455 Posts
hey 06RAPPY700R what year is your friends chevelle? Just curious because me and my dad are restoring a 69 chevelle with an LT1 motor from a 70 vette and that thing has over 500hp and its insanely fast! :eek:

·
Registered
751 Posts
its a 69 with the 396 and a 4 speed.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.