Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this the add, what are flat track paddles? are they what they sound like? and also yfz rims same bolt pattern right? i'm waiting on a responce about the sandsatar size...

Set of paddle tires and rims that fits the YFZ450. the tires have about 10hours on them. these are flat track paddles but i also have a set that is the same as the sand stars design also for $100 with the rim. Andrew 562-773-7722 [email protected]
Price: $100

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: buying some paddles for this weekend, how are these, please help!,thanks

this is the pic of the flat track

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

this is what he said
"The sand stars ars sold but the Flat tracks are still here. These are possibly the best tire for hill climbs and shraight shots. I run them on my bike all the time in Glamis. There a little harder to turn but once you learn how to use them then there the best all around tire."
what do you guys think about these flat tracks.????

·
Registered
134 Posts

I've never ridden sand, but YFZ rims do have the same bolt pattern. Sorry I couldnt be more help.

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

thanks, that's a start, now i just need a review on those rims/tires,and i'm wating to see what size they are. much appreciated... we are heading to dumont dunes.

·
Registered
684 Posts

I would say buy them if they are in good shape and then if you dont like them just sell them.

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

he said,
They are 10 paddle but i'm not sure of the size without looking at them"
yeah, i was reading on here about 6,7 and 8 paddles, but 10? is that to much?

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

hey, does anyone have haulers 8paddle? don't these tires look like them? i don't count 10 paddles in the pic? if anyone has a set,do they look like yours?. i'm thinking this guy doesn't know what he's talking about cuz i can't find a brand "flat track"
here i think it's skat track

·
Registered
219 Posts

Those "Flat Tracks" are Skat Trak Edge paddles. You can buy them in many sizes/combinations from Rockymountainatv.com. They're a good paddle. Light weight, good hook-up. If it's a 10 paddle on a 20" tire, you will be just fine. 10 paddle on 22" would be too much.

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

the only 10 paddle listed on rockymountain is a 20 10 10, so i hope that' s what it is..not a bad deal, i'll have to grab them.

·
Registered
219 Posts

Yep, $100 for wheels and any set of fairly new Skat Trak paddles is a great deal. Those look like 20" paddles from the picture.

·
Registered
365 Posts

Nick,

I really like the sandstars that I bought. Used them at Pismo last month and I will be using them again this weekend at Glamis. You stay in Orange County right?

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

yeah i'm the oc buddy, saturday we are going to Wildomar, up past ortega hwy,and sunday we are going to Dumont

·
Registered
365 Posts

I will have to meet up with you at Gorman sometime. We art almost neighbours. I live by Cal-State Los Angeles.

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

yeah i'm down, infact the weekend of oct 7-8 is a great time, where is gorman? can you give me directions so that i have it for future rides, i'm always looking for a new place. what type terrain is it?

·
Registered
494 Posts

Skat Traks are great tires.

I run 20-10-10 8 paddle Haulers. They have ALOT of bite. I wouldnt reccomend 10 paddles.

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

the 1st picture is the tires, i can only count 8 paddles? what do you think? does it look like 10? i don't know if i'm counting wrong or what? and the dude didn't even know the brand, if it is 10 think its still ok? nw ryder was saying witha 10 in it should be,

·
Registered
219 Posts

The ones in the picture only have 8-paddles. You'd said 10 in one of your posts, so I was going off of that. 10 paddles is not too much on a 20" tire. I see many Raptors running 20" 10-paddle Extremes and some even running 10-paddle Taller Haulers... With any sand tire you're going to have to see how it works on your quad and maybe change your gearing to get the most out of the tires that you bought.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts

Those tires only have 8 paddles and I would not go 10 on a 4 stroke. Do you know this guy, he sounds kinda flakey... He can't count and does not know the brand when I think it says right there on the paddle. :crazy: Be careful man don't get skrewed. $100 is a good price for those paddles, but is is a $hitty price to get @$$ rapped. IMO anyway :moon:

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

ok, yeah i did say 10, that's why i was asking,cuz i could only count 8 , this ad i found in the wanted adds on the "recycler" web site,and he has that 1st pic i posted and said those are the tires, he lives in another city near by,and the tires are a little closer to me at a fam,maybe inlaws house or something,and he didn't sound like a hard core rider, and seems like hasn't used them much, said 10hrs max on them, i mean he did say flat track,and 10 paddle, and also didn't know the size, i would be picking them up in person, so i def will give them a good look over, and i might offer him 80 since he doesn't seem to into atv'ing, but i wanted to go tonight, and he didn't call back,so i'm just waiting to see whats up, if i can grab them for 100 or less and they look ok, shit i'm jumping like a frog, but i'll keep an update, and then some pics with them at DUMONT!! if things go right

1 - 20 of 39 Posts