Raptor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, I've bought some parts and have heard, "damn what else did you buy?!", from my wife a few times already. I wanted to hear from you guys to see if I got good deals and if I am headed in the right direction.

1. CT Racing Exhaust (Full System)-Craigslist-$130 shipped
2. 2007 low hour YFZ450 front shocks-Craigslist-$165 shipped
3. Skat Trak Haulers on Douglas Black Labels-Craigslist-$125 shipped
4. Renthal 12T front sprocket-Ebay-$21 shipped
5. Velocity Intake w/K&N filter-Ebay-$70 shipped

So far thats it as far as aftermarket goes. I still need;

Front sand tires on rims.
Full Skids
Nerf bars
billet dash
extended rear axle

·
Premium Member
2,359 Posts
CT and the shocks you pretty much stole. I wouldn't be ashamed to tell anyone those prices... until it comes time to sell :)

·
Registered
284 Posts
Yeah, those are some pretty good deals there. Maybe show your wife what they would cost straight out of a catalog, then she might change her tone real quick! :D

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
#5 not a good deal. The factory rubber intake tubes are a better "velocity stack". They have a gradual taper to them. All the velocity kit is 2 straight diameter aluminum tubes that have been expanded to the filter flange size. Ruber also insulates against heat off the exhaust and engine better. You will have cooler intake air temps running the factory tubes. The factory tubes also have vent lines for the tops of the vaccuum slide diaphrams. The velocity intake doent even have a place for them to hook up to.

If you absolutly want to run no air box then I would have went with the billit aluminum bracket that bolts to the frame where the front of the air box is supported. The bracket uses the factory rubber intake hoses. It comes with individual k&n filters and outerwears.

If I was going to run no air box I would get a factory air box with a prodesign plate. Then cut off the Left hand side, bottom, and back. Leave the 1 inch or so intact around the top so it could still be mounted like the factory air box.

With the right hand side still in place you would have a heat shield to help keep exhaust heat away from the filter / intake air.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
#5 not a good deal. The factory rubber intake tubes are a better "velocity stack". They have a gradual taper to them. All the velocity kit is 2 straight diameter aluminum tubes that have been expanded to the filter flange size. Ruber also insulates against heat off the exhaust and engine better. You will have cooler intake air temps running the factory tubes. The factory tubes also have vent lines for the tops of the vaccuum slide diaphrams. The velocity intake doent even have a place for them to hook up to.

If you absolutly want to run no air box then I would have went with the billit aluminum bracket that bolts to the frame where the front of the air box is supported. The bracket uses the factory rubber intake hoses. It comes with individual k&n filters and outerwears.

If I was going to run no air box I would get a factory air box with a prodesign plate. Then cut off the Left hand side, bottom, and back. Leave the 1 inch or so intact around the top so it could still be mounted like the factory air box.

With the right hand side still in place you would have a heat shield to help keep exhaust heat away from the filter / intake air.
+1 on the intake. The Velocity kid dosent fit well, but it will work if you must use it. I would go with what 03Limited said.
Good luck..

·
Registered
4,836 Posts

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Cut Air Box

1 - 8 of 8 Posts