Raptor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Raptor 700
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone bought a BP Racing 47mm throttle body? Was wanting to know if this was truly a 47mm with new butterfly valve or if it is just tapered with stock butterfly?

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Why not go for Cuervos TB? Trusted source and quality parts.
fwiw - I can’t imagine any company would claim to sell a +3 TB that still had the stock size butterfly.

·
Registered
2020 Raptor 700
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am waiting for Cuervo to get more in stock as that is where I will be ordering one from.

Looks like from what I can find is the BP racing throttle body is only tapered and uses the stock butterfly. Was just wanting confirmation from anyone that may have bought one as there is no information in the form on these.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
I looked on eBay second ago and the one that’s $120 said in the description it’s a stock bore that they taper when you ship them your tb. The one that’s $283 says in the description it’s a +3 butterfly and the whole housing is included, no core refund. You’ll have to sell your stock tb after to get some money back.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Nice dude you should powder coat that swing arm black next too

Reactions: Sixpack577

·
Registered
2020 Raptor 700
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ya that would look good was also thinking of going aftermarket. Also waiting for a new Monster exhaust to show up as I got trigger happy and went with HMF before reading the forms.

shocks are currently with Kevin to.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I looked on eBay second ago and the one that’s $120 said in the description it’s a stock bore that they taper when you ship them your tb. The one that’s $283 says in the description it’s a +3 butterfly and the whole housing is included, no core refund. You’ll have to sell your stock tb after to get some money back.
How much difference in performance should be between the stock TB bored to 47mm with stock butterfly and a true 47mm TB with 47mm butterfly?

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Depends on your mods. You should add them in your signature so we can see what you got.
I’m sure there are more qualified people to answer this, but assuming you’ve got a 3 mod I’d guess you’d gain next to nothing in performance with the tapered tb and stock butterfly. With the +3 I believe Cuervo mentioned it’s great for adding a bit to the top end, so with stock cam it’s going to help, but if you had say an HC2, you’d see much more benefit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts