Raptor Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
The UK's fastest Raptor
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I wanna replace my hoses for s/s braided ones but I'd like to keep the routing as is i.e 1 hose from the res. to the fitting by the stem top bearing then one each side from the 'T' to each caliper.

Does anyone make a kit like this? or does anyone know what type and size all the fittings are so i can get custom hoses made?

Thanks,

Ez

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
Most companies will sell you one of 2 kits, either a 2 line kit that goes from the rez on the bars to each caliper or a t-style 3 line like the OEM setup. You can find them all over the place, including many of our sponsors.

·
Registered
587 Posts

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
I got mine from alba, but most of the places that sell the lines will have clamps as well.

·
The UK's fastest Raptor
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
has anyone got a link, all I can find is clamps for round section arms. :(

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
Not surprising, as I've never seen a clamp for square tube uppers. Pretty much all of the aftermarket a-arms use round uppers, and most of the OEM a-arms as well.

In this case, I'm sorry I don't know of any options other than fabricating your own, using the stock keeper, or going without.

·
Premium Member
3,997 Posts
Modquad used to make square brake line clamps but discontinued them a year ago. Your only option at this point is zip ties for the upper stock arms.

As for the brake lines Galfer makes both styles. One with a T and one without. I have personally found that the one with a T is a lot easier to bleed then the 2 separate lines.

·
The UK's fastest Raptor
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
if anyone's looking wondering what's so special, you have to use the drop down box to fing 3/4 square fitment :)

seems shipping to the UK is free...too good to be true??

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
For my lines i just put them back in the stock brake line holder. I don't think your going to find much that will fit the square a arm. I have the stream line 2 lines and it works great. They have the 1 to 2 lines as well. I've never heard of that brand of brake line.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have some blue goodridge lines for sale front only i think they maybe +1 or 2 . but i had them on my standard set up and were fine . £25 + p & p if you want them

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
YOu will find the brake resonse will be much better with steel braided brake lines..........

·
The UK's fastest Raptor
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I have some blue goodridge lines for sale front only i think they maybe +1 or 2 . but i had them on my standard set up and were fine . £25 + p & p if you want them

thanks bud, but I really want the Yamaha ones in black. :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts