Raptor Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I purchased it the brake lights didnt work. Does it have to be running in order for the light to work? Also, is there another location for fuses other than the two connected to the battery under the seat?...

I have checked the Bulb and two fuses by the battery and cleaned up the connections to the bulb but I still am not getting anything...

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
AHh thanks! Should I hear it engage when i press the pedal?

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Key needs to be on for the brake light.
One of the fuses is a spare by the way.

There's also a switch in the front brake lever, clean it occasionally. Mine was always giving me trouble.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As far as that little switch on the hand brake I can tell it isn't stuck because when I squeeze and looki n the crack it pops up... Was your still popping up? Another thought is that the previous owner pulled the parking brake off. Would that make the brake light not come on?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I also pulled on the foot pedal brake light switch (thats attached with the spring) and still am not getting any kind of activity from the brake light..

·
Registered
827 Posts
best thing to do is to test for continuity between the wires at the light and the ones at both of the switches.... see if they are intact and if not find where they are split and fix er up.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
If you see it move it should be OK, but that doesn't guarantee it's working.
I could see mine was stuck, I could unstick it and it would work for a while and then stuck again.
The odds of both being stuck are pretty unlikely, but my rear brake switch was junk when I got it and the front started to act up after a while so it's possible.

The parking brake has nothing to do with the brakelight.

Your question about other fuses, no others just the two you see and one is a spare.

If you have access to a voltmeter you can test for power at each switch.

And tony types faster than i do.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
ktreece said:
When I purchased it the brake lights didnt work. Does it have to be running in order for the light to work? Also, is there another location for fuses other than the two connected to the battery under the seat?...

I have checked the Bulb and two fuses by the battery and cleaned up the connections to the bulb but I still am not getting anything...
:lol: I think its a toss up between who has the worst luck with their quad- you (ktreece) or john. :stickpoke:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I knew I was going to have to repair some stuff on the quad when I purchased it last week... but I think I got a great deal (2000) for a 01... it just needs some small work...

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
ktreece said:
I knew I was going to have to repair some stuff on the quad when I purchased it last week... but I think I got a great deal (2000) for a 01... it just needs some small work...
Ok- that explains a lot! I thought everthing was just taking a $hit on you out of no where.

·
Registered
109 Posts
take the tail light off it looks like crap. :metal:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
haha yeah! That would be some bad luck!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
SO the light just stays on solid now! WTF!

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
You dont need a brake light anyway expecially when u are runnen from someone like cops or things like that

1 - 16 of 16 Posts