Raptor Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently own a 2006 Yamaha Raptor 700R. My rear brake pads are worn and need to be replaced. I'm unsure of what type of brake pads to replace the stock ones with. I was wondering if I could put sintered brake pads on the front and rear? I don't race per say, but I drive pretty aggressive, mostly trail riding and hill climbing. Can anyone tell me what the best pads to put on would be and are they easy to change? If anyone has photo instructions, I would really appreciate it.
Thank you.

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
im in the same situation as you. But one ? does yours have a horrible squealing sound coming from the back. I can spray brake cleaner or what ever back there and it is just horrible. I cant figure out what it is other than i need to replace them. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
49 Posts
My rear brakes are the same. From what I have read the 06 squeals pretty bad. Not sure on what pads to use but if you find some that work let us know because I would like to get that fixed!

·
Registered
841 Posts
Go with EBC's they are a better pad and will get rid of that squeel...had to change em out on the 350 and 700 after the first ride :thumbsup:

·
Registered
226 Posts
I just replaced my pads and realized i was down to bare metal. Never let this happen!! Its not good for the piston that pushes on the cailber its is driven by threads and will mess them up if u let this happen. It happend to me! I went with the carbon pads. Work well for me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.