Raptor Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I was doing the first service on my quad today and wanted to great the suspension components. Just bought a grease gun and went to grease the relay arm on the rear of the quad, I had to push it on and tried giving it a few shots of grease and it wouldn't take. I wiggled it back off and much to my suprise part of the zert came with it. Looks like about two threads came off with the head of the zert but the remaining threads are still in the relay arm :mad:. Any ideas on what I can use/do to get the remaining threads out and put a new zert in???

·
Registered
610 Posts
Sometimes a flat bladed screwdriver will work, too. Just lightly tap on it to get it to wedge against the sides of the zerk.

·
Registered
429 Posts
You may want to used a small drop of red lock-tite when you re-install the new zerk.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I did the same thing to my brothers swing arm zerk! Easy out like butta! Yamaha is sure proud of there 6 dollar zerks though! LOL

·
Registered
338 Posts
Don't use the red locktight,If you ever need to get it out again you need to heat it.Use the blue(medium set) locktight.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I wouldn't use any locktite on zerks!!!! The actual zerk breaks, locktite isn't going to do jack for that, just make the piece a PIA to get out.

·
Registered
882 Posts
just hit up sears or a tractor supply ( awesome if available in yur area) or a southern states farm supply..they have more industrial type zerks..some people say a zerk is a zerk but that pot metal yamaha makes em outta is crappy

·
Registered
683 Posts
LOCKTITE!! :grin_nod:
anyway next time the grease gun will not come off the zert
Just remove the hose off the grease gun .. This will release the pressure
the pressure in the hose is preventing it from coming off.

·
Registered
786 Posts
HappyHour said:
I did the same thing to my brothers swing arm zerk! Easy out like butta! Yamaha is sure proud of there 6 dollar zerks though! LOL
WOW. I did exact same thing, stuck and allen wrench in it to get it out and bought one the next day at the dealer for 58 cents.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
You bought some bastards lunch :lol: You should call and ask the manager what those cost. Someone may be stealing peoples money.

·
Registered
882 Posts
depends on the esay out i bought a nice set 8 metric sizes and 8 standards with t handles for 20 bucks

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
I was talking about the .58 cent grease zerk that he paid 6 bucks for. The parts guy could have rang up .58 cent and pocketted the rest. Happens all the time. Did you get a reciept? Although that can also be defeated in crappy POS software or standard cash drawer systems.

·
Registered
15 Posts
same thing happend to me, couldnt get it out, so i just screwed the other one on top of the broken piece, is this going to give me any problems?

·
Registered
429 Posts
Geeeeze all I said was a drop, not half the bottle. I've been using red for years on sledds, quads and dirt bikes. The broken section usually exstracts just as easy with an easy out.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts