Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I never realized with all of the times that I have used a grease gun that the tip adjusts to lock on the grease fitting. I got it on like normal but when I went to take it off it wouldnt come off. In my struggle to take it off the nipple broke off the front -left- lower a-arm. Should I jb weld the fitting on or sould I drill the resst of the thread out? The simple fix would be to jb weld it on. I would half to take the arm off to drill the rest if the thread off.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Replace it if possible they are inexpensive.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Get a (easy out bit) and unscrew the broken piece out, more work than you might have planned on but well worth it :thumbsup:

·
Registered
767 Posts
ATVhound said:
Get a (easy out bit) and unscrew the broken piece out, more work than you might have planned on but well worth it :thumbsup:
I agree, they actually aren't in there all that tight should be pretty simple.

·
Registered
182 Posts
3coolcars said:
i broke off the one on my swingarm and i got a very small screw driver and could turn it out with that.i then bought a new one a pep boys the size is 6mm. good luck!! :)
I did the same thing with the swingarm grease nipple.

·
Registered
69 Posts
MMMMmmm. This seems to be a fairly common occurance.I had had my Raptor for a week when Mr Mechanic tried to grease the swingarm and the same thing happened.Maybe yamaha should buy stronger nipples. ;)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Mine broke off the swing arm as well. A screw driver worked for me as well. Glad you got it out, it drove me nutts knowing it was broken and I was off to the dunes.

·
Registered
120 Posts
what kind of grease gun r u guys using..? i have a flexible hose attached to my grease gun and it locks on the nipple when greasin then comes right off with a little pull..never had to struggle

·
Registered
224 Posts
same thing happen to me on the swingarm...sucks

·
2008 SMX Series Champion HO
2,679 Posts
I snapped off my bleeder screw on the rear caliper, then i tried to easy out it and my easy out snapped, so I drilled it prolly 1mm if that cuz my bits suck, punched a larger easy out bit in there and she came right out, got lucky ! :p

·
Registered
103 Posts
mveloz said:
same thing happen to me on the swingarm...sucks
:confused:
Same also to me and I've been using a grease gun for over 20Years :unsure:

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
I broke one when I brought it home from dealership, they gave me a new one. My neighbor has an old 350 Warrior frame and I used a zerk off that till the new one came, Yamaha used to use better zerks cause the ones he gave me where a little thicker looking. If I break any more I'll use the ones from the Warrior. :grin_nod:

·
Registered
580 Posts
Well of course mine didn't break until after I read this thread! I just snapped the rear shock linkage one off... never had problems with my grease gun before! I'm headed to the Advanced Auto to get a dozen or so... might as well replace them all before they snap! and I have to get a new grease gun too... the damn thing wouldn't come out with anything! :mad: At least the rappy is all shiny again!

·
Registered
103 Posts
dellaquila said:
Well of course mine didn't break until after I read this thread! I just snapped the rear shock linkage one off... never had problems with my grease gun before! I'm headed to the Advanced Auto to get a dozen or so... might as well replace them all before they snap! and I have to get a new grease gun too... the damn thing wouldn't come out with anything! :mad: At least the rappy is all shiny again!
:mad: Same but drilled a screw into it and it pulled out 45mins later :banghead:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts