Raptor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the bolt is broke of flush with the swingarm, it was a little bit hanging out but i was hitting it with a screwdriver and a hammer trying to get the bolt to turn. the guy told me about it when i bought it but he said it would be easy to get out, i wish i would of told him if he can get it out i will buy the quad..lol
ive been riding anyway but now my chain is to loose and i dont feel safe riding it. has anyone had this problem before? how do i get it out?

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
the bolt is broke of flush with the swingarm, it was a little bit hanging out but i was hitting it with a screwdriver and a hammer trying to get the bolt to turn. the guy told me about it when i bought it but he said it would be easy to get out, i wish i would of told him if he can get it out i will buy the quad..lol
ive been riding anyway but now my chain is to loose and i dont feel safe riding it. has anyone had this problem before? how do i get it out?
It is a common problem because it is a steel bolt threaded in to aluminum threads. Then the swing arm see's more water and mud than an outboard marine engine. People should screw the adjusters clear out then coat them with antisiez and re install them. It would prevent the bolt from siezing.

But some people just put stuff off, and as a result it usually takes longer / cost more to fix later on down the road.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks, i was wondering can i take the axle carrier out with the adjuster bolt in there?
the only thing i can think of trying is drill a hole in the middle of the bolt and try to get the bolt out with a easy out. last time i tried a easy out it broke in half and made it even harder to drill another hole to get another easy out in it(i never got the bolt out :(
this sucks....on a good note i checked my intake valves clearance and noticed they had NO clearance. i put them right around .150mm and now it starts ALOT better and i dont think i have to play with the idle screw no more and it feels like it revs a little faster.....i was having to give it a little gas to get it started (hot or cold engine)

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Weld a nut to the broken shank..............

thats a good idea...i would of never thought of it, but i cant weld and i dont think the shank sticks out the swingarm enough to get a good strong weld on it. but i think im going to try and get someone who knows how to weld good to look at it....thanks man

what kind of welder would be best to do this? the shank sticks out the swing arm about .200" if that

willy killer do i have to have the adjuster bolts out to remove the bearing carrier, i can get the bolt off the gear shifter side, its the brake pedal side that stuck

·
I am unique
22,620 Posts
thats a good idea...i would of never thought of it, but i cant weld and i dont think the shank sticks out the swingarm enough to get a good strong weld on it. but i think im going to try and get someone who knows how to weld good to look at it....thanks man

what kind of welder would be best to do this? the shank sticks out the swing arm about .200" if that

willy killer do i have to have the adjuster bolts out to remove the bearing carrier, i can get the bolt off the gear shifter side, its the brake pedal side that stuck
No you do not have to have the adjusters out...........

1 - 9 of 9 Posts