Raptor Forum banner

For riders of 1 month or more what have you had for injuries.

• Broken bones

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • toren ligments

• sprains

• road rash

• none

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Super Moderator NW Raptor Rally Coordinator
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know we get hurt on the atv's just intrested in how bad and how many. I have had a cracked rib and sprained foot with some road rash on the side.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Considering how old I am and how long I've been riding I'm damn lucky only to have minors bumps, bruises, and sprains.... :thumbsup: One thing I will say again------->> Protect yourselves and were the proper gear.... ;)

·
Registered
314 Posts
i too have been very lucky. ive had a couple close ones where i probably should have ended up with something pretty nasty, but i atribute my walking away to both luck and youth. (both times were at least 17 years ago) :lol:

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
happens all the time, somone every weekned. twisted my pinky finger this weekend when i had to abort an almost rollover. bikes fine though. buy the way its MONTH. :grin_nod:

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
When racing back in 91 I tipped mine quad on the side and go mine boot between the nerfbar and the ground. Pulled my Achellies tendon. Couldn't walk for a couple weeks. If I didn't have boots on who knows what could of happen. Other then that just bruises, bumps and scraps. Like BigMike said PROTECT YOURSELF. That is why some of us get a little upset when people don't wear helmets.

·
2008 SMX Series Champion HO
2,679 Posts
I broke my neck on a 3 wheeler when was 18, flew across a field and hit a pothole w/ the front tire, all i remember is me flying over the bars....i woke up in the E/R....had to wear a neck brace for 5 months, neck still hurts to this day if I jolt it hard while riding. I got lucky ;)

·
Registered
88 Posts
devildog_0431 said:
I broke my neck on a 3 wheeler when was 18, flew across a field and hit a pothole w/ the front tire, all i remember is me flying over the bars....i woke up in the E/R....had to wear a neck brace for 5 months, neck still hurts to this day if I jolt it hard while riding. I got lucky ;)
you got real lucky. the worst I've ever did was break my radius in my left arm. one plate, 6 screws and $15,000 later all I got left is a big scar and dent where the ego used to be :)

·
Registered
394 Posts
You should add "at least 20 stitches or more" to the list. 8) Several years ago I flipped my RM after nose diving after a jump. That foot peg will tear you a new one if you hit it just right. 71 stitches later I had a new look for my right leg. :thumbsup:

·
2008 SMX Series Champion HO
2,679 Posts
This happened to someone I know, he hit a tripple in his backyard in 5th gear on a 250ex.....He cased it on the 3rd top and his rear shock came up through his seat, of course he was standing up w/ knees bent but if he was sitting down completely that shock would've popped his manhole cherry :eek:

·
Registered
13,279 Posts
I'm still on the mend from breaking my ribs. Flipped going down a hill and the quad landed on top of me. Thank God I had a chest protector or else I wouldnt be here (acording to the doc).

·
Registered
899 Posts
Right and left MCL, Broke foot, cartilage off of the sternum I don’t count all the road rash. Those were all on dirtbikes though. Only a sprained wrist on an ATV.

·
Registered
519 Posts
I broke my right shoulder and left hand in 2004,my dad and i went to his moms house to say hello she then told us 1 of her friends had broken both of her arms then i said touch wood i havent broken anything.We get home i go out on my bike and what happens yes you got i crashed i rolled my bike in a field i landed face down in the field and i stopped 10m from where i fell off.I got up thinking everything was fine no pain YET,i look over to the bike and i see my right rear plastic sticking up i thought oh thats not bad thats when i passed out (big pussy :lol:)when i got on my bike and tryed to start it the pain was unreal i then noticed my front right wheel was no more and my clutch lever was bent not that i could use it because i broke my hand.Now i had to walk through 2 fields to get help,about 3 cars drove past and not 1 stopped thank fuck the marine police came past he took me home,when i got in and told my mom she was screaming for my dad who took our dog for a walk all i remember saying was get my bike get my bike :grin_nod:.Got to the Infirmary they couldnt do fuck all my parents had to take me up to a hospital in dundee which is about a 30min say 45min drive,when i arrived the doc goes its a ozzy :lol: i got my own room and my god morphine is shit hot :crazy: :lol: so in the end i had a broken shoulder and left hand was out of work for 3 months.
All i can say is drive safe lads

JAMBOYRAPTOR :thumbsup:

·
Registered
112 Posts
WEll i have been very lucky for all the spills i have taken, but this is probably the worse. I broke my leg when i over shot a double last summer. Don't ask me how i did it , but i didn't even fall off the rappy.

Attachments

·
Registered
554 Posts
Well this one falls under the 20+ stitches-

Back in 1988 at Little Sahara were having a distance jumping contest. Was landing really hard and somehow managed to bite my tongue off. It was only hanging on by 1 little piece. Took 36 stitches to re-attach it. Took 6-months to start to get my taste buds back to near normal.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Yes that would be pink. Everyone was givin me crap before i went to the hospital joking around about getting a pink one,,,so i figured why not.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Me and my friends found an abandoned motocross track, so we had to try it out...
My friend in front of me approached a very small jump very slowly, and I didn't understand why until it was too late... Only when I was on top I realised that there was a 6 foot drop on the other side...! I was too fast to stop, but too slow to clear it safely. The Raptor went down nose first and hit the ground, I went flying thought the air and fell face first on the hard dirt, and then 400 lbs of Raptor fell on my back, upside down!

I fell on my wrist, and the aluminum cooler rack broke when it fell on my back (I think)! I tried to push the Raptor away, then all its weight was on my left foot! I yanked my foot out, then I realised I hurt like hell all over! I had difficulty breathing as my right chest was hurting (no ribs broken, though), my right wrist was swelling more and more, and I couldn't move my hand (then I realised the wrist was broken). I also had too many bruises to mention...
Then I was rushed to the ER.

Result (Raptor): broken cooler rack, bent handlebr, bent steering stem, broken thumb throtle assembly, bent pipe, bent engine skid plate (don't know how).

Result (me; bear in mind, I am a very well built dude):
Broken wrist with a titanium plate and 6 screws to fix it (for the learned: Barton's radius fracture treated by internal fixation with an Ellis titanium plate and screws), several assorted bumps and bruises, a numb hand, and several months of no gym and no riding! (my broken wrist...)

I am scared to think what would happen if I weren't in full gear (helmet, full boots, chest, back and arms protector)!

1 - 20 of 54 Posts