Raptor Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone ever replaced a snapped off drive chain tensioner bolt? if so what all is entailed. i know it doesnt look easy. trying to look if there is a way to acess the other end (snapped off inside end) by looking at a parts fische but i cant realy tell.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
show us the bolt you broke in a pic or something...

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
thats my guess.... Replace the swinger and get a sweet new upgrade.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i am indeed refering to the bolt shown by RT. other than tap and die is there a way to remove it? ot will it be able to be tap and died?

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
did you snap the bolt or strip the threads in the carrier housing..If the bolt is broken off, you should be able to drill a smaller hole in the bolt and use a "easy out" to extract it. Kinda looks like the mount for the linkage is in your way though.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
if an easy out is my only way then it can be done. the linkage is not in the way if i remember correctly. ill take a better look when i get a chance. i wont mess with it till it starts to effect the chain though.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
oh yeah..... why was the left one so easy to turn and the right one was not? could it have been that i tightened one and then the other instead of doing then little by little at the same time? i guess ill half to inspect it to make sure the threads arent jacked up from the bolt.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
to get out screws that are stuck or stripped i use a screw extractor. It's basically a drill bit with reversed threads. Works for me...

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
this easy out or screw extracter.... im sure its something i can pick up at sears and im assuming ionly have one shot to do it.....hhmmmmm..... anyone have the part number or the actuall part name of one they carry at sears?

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
should be able to just drill the bolt with the reversed bit. Every time i strip something, it comes right out with a reversed bit

·
Super Moderator
17,062 Posts
03limited660 said:
Mine are the same way the shifter side is way harder to tighten then the brake pedel side. why is this?
Because that's the side with the chain on it and it's the side with all the strain, the other side is just aligning the carrier/axle, the shifter side is the one moving it all when you've got the chain on there.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts