Raptor Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok....so I bought this 06 Raptor a few months ago with broken headlight tabs on both L and R sides...the tabs were broken not at the 2 bolt points, but at the point where the tube goes through the 3rd grommet. I finally got around to getting new headlight assemblies and the 2 bolts holes line up, but the same spot where the other tabs were broke doesn't match up...they are the same headlights that I had on originally and the same part numbers from yamaha...anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
156 Posts
I had the same problem. The tabs break with any little bump to the fender or roll over. I went though 4 head light surrounds, bending back the tabs and getting them right just to end up breaking them again and again. I finally sucked it up and got the trail tech Hid lights. Super bright and shine forever. I did have one of the lights bulbs inside the light break but in my haste in moving I could not find the receipt so trail tech would not Validate the warranty. I paid out of pocket about a hundred bucks to get them fixed and they have not caused me a days problem since. Maybe I just got a bad light. My suggestion would be to go for a LED set up like rigid industries or Baja. For your money and for how bullet proof they are. Just suck it up and give up on the fragile stockers. They are by far the weakest point on the bike.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
lol no the weakest is the subframe and steering stem. all ive done is zip tie my left one been fine ever since.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
i feel u there same thing for me i had mine fall off while i was riding and i ran it over and got wedged somehow under the quad and almost flipped it over.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
I dunno, the supports for the front bumper, at least on the SE, bent pretty quick. And I hardly hit that tree with much force. I was in 1st gear for crying out loud!
You want those tabs to bend. If they make them too rigid then your frame bends. I have never understood these aftermarket tank style front bumpers. Give me one that bends. Its cheaper to replace that than the frame.

To the op, I agree, the plastic tabs do break too easy.

·
Registered
331 Posts
You want those tabs to bend. If they make them too rigid then your frame bends. I have never understood these aftermarket tank style front bumpers. Give me one that bends. Its cheaper to replace that than the frame.

To the op, I agree, the plastic tabs do break too easy.
I agree on that,my tabs are bent to hell but my frame is fine. I had to take a rubber mallet to my bumper a while back to get it somewhat straight again. And My brake side headlight is zip tied, I'm not spending a hundred bucks to fix that shit.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Plenty of zip ties here also. Headlights and hood.....Can't see them from the seat.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts