Raptor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently got my mods done to my 07' GYTR which were EVO-X full exhaust system, Dobeck TFI, and GYTR full intake w/cover. I make a day trip to Gorman so I can see how it rides and do some fine tuning with the TFI sytem. I'm on the freeman wash, getting into the groove and up comes a blind corner and I see/hear a bike so I slow down to 3rd gear, first bike pasts me and sticks his finger up, I roll as far to the right as I can and then all I hear is the scond bike haulin-ass sliding across and hear him say "OH Shhhh*T" and BAMM! we both collide... It gets better... I pick myself up, leg is all numb, my left head light is hanging by the wires, handlebars pushed back and clutch twisted downward... I swing back to my truck, fix the bars and clutch and decide, to ride closer to camp and go up the hills across Circle Jerk... I get 3/4 the way up and hit a rutt, BAMM! I looped it! What a day huh!!!! Well, at least I can say it's broken in now LoL! I guess I was kinda lucky not to break any bones but am bruised up pretty bad. I have a re-newed respect for the power of the 700R, and please be careful in two way trails, there are people out there that think once they ride, they own the whole trail :mad:

·
Registered
287 Posts
Sorry to hear about your mishaps. I have a question for ya...I'm looking at the EVO X exhaust and GYT-R intake too, can you tell me how you like the exhaust? Do you have anything to compare it to? How's the sound? Thanks.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ChiknNutz said:
Sorry to hear about your mishaps. I have a question for ya...I'm looking at the EVO X exhaust and GYT-R intake too, can you tell me how you like the exhaust? Do you have anything to compare it to? How's the sound? Thanks.
The exhaust is great! I first thought I wasn't going to like it due to the spring retention thinking it was going to leak but it didn't. With the quiet core insert, it is very mellow and non-attracting and falls within the legal DB limits of 96 decibels. I took the quiet core out and installed the spacer and spark arrestor only and WOW! the sound of music to my ears! It has a deep low tone and when you hit the throttle, it barks! and definitely turns heads. It is not an unpleasant sound either, it more of a "commanding" sound with authority. I like it very much. The GYTR intake system is sweet and easy to install. Make sure that you get the cover and thus no worries running with the lid off in very dusty riding areas. I think you're going to love it as I do. Don't forget the TFI, I would propose though to get the PCIII power commander though, the dobeck (which I have) works OK, but dialing it in is alittle tricky and time consuming...

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Man, thats some crappy luck you got there. Glad you are OK though.

............I like the pic in your sig by the way! Just the way I like 'em :thumbsup:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks to all for the concern, I appreciate that. Yea, my bruises are all turning color now, I can actually bend my left leg almost all the way up. I had a physical yesterday and they found blood in my urine, I guess my kidneys got bruised too and gave off some blood. I'm ok and looking forward to getting back on it :grin_nod: The avatar, well, it speaks for itself :p I got the quad all put back together with a different grab bar, got the ones that a cooler will fit into too :thumbsup: I get my 15 tooth sprocket this weekend and will be installing that and see what she's got to give :crazy:

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
You'll like the 15T!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts