Raptor Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so after picking up my new to me 2001 Raptor earlier this week, i noticed that the headlights were looking nasty and yellowed. they had also seen their share of scratches, dings, and general abuse.

i didn't want to get too crazy with the restoration because i knew they'd be beat up anyways, but I wanted to at least restore some of the clarity of the lenses.

just some standard rubbing compound, elbow grease, and The Scorpions playing through the headphones ;)

i apologize for the shitty pics, they were taken with a Droid1.

left one is about half done, right one is still cloudy

getting there. you can see the difference.

all done and assembled

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no prob.

i might go back in the future and redo them with actual wetsanding, using 1500, etc, all those. i just was too lazy to go to the store after mowing the lawn in our humidity :)

post pics up of yours when you're done!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
haha. being from buffalo where it snows 7 months out of the year, humidity is a big deal for us!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah I live in buffalo the humidity is so tuff
really, where at? I live in East Amherst but ride in Java NY. humidity has been a real killer these last few days.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I live in west seneca since im building the raptor we have been riding our Kx 250, Kx 125, and we just blow up the Kx 80 so were going to make that thing real fast. We ride railroad tracks, trails by burt and always lookig for new stuff. Pm me some time we can meet up and were planing a trip to the park in PA

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I live in west seneca since im building the raptor we have been riding our Kx 250, Kx 125, and we just blow up the Kx 80 so were going to make that thing real fast. We ride railroad tracks, trails by burt and always lookig for new stuff. Pm me some time we can meet up and were planing a trip to the park in PA
oh yeah? when is that?

you on NYspeed at all? i'm 96V6Bird on there.

~Norbert

1 - 10 of 10 Posts