Raptor Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after i ride and shut er down i get a small buufffffff out of the exhaust.... not a backfire but yes.... a bbuufff!! anyone know if an exhaust leak would cause that?

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Its normal.

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
i was just about to ask this same ?.....thanks

·
Registered
60 Posts
My Raptor was doing this prior to rejetting it.It wouldnt do it all the time but just when hot.It was jetted to lean and was burning excess fuel after shutting down.Ive rejetted and doesnt do it anymore.Had 155/160 mains dyno jet needles third clip(middle) and stock pilots.with dyno jet springs.I have the Yosh pipe,K/n,and no airbox lid.Bike seemed like it ran fine but a little hot but runs better since rejetted.I am running 165/170 mains now ,dyno jet needles 3rd clip (middle) STOCK springs that have one coil cut off.The dyno jet springs are to light and can bog when you stab the throttle.and air screws 2and1/2 turns out .I will be experimenting with bigger than stock pilots though, maybe 27.5,s instead of the 25,s and doing the clear tube float mod that is in this section.(Raptor 660 mods).. ;)

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
I think its when you shut down and the engine has enough spinning force to just get high enough to open exhaust valve and it blows out all the compression slower then normal and it sounds funny.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.