Raptor Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 2010 raptor 700 se and i would like some opinions on parts,
this week i want to start off with exhaust, filter and fuel controller

so exhaust i was looking at duals on this forum and i really like what i hear about DMC, how they offer easy power and installation

after that im not sure where to go whit filter/filterbox and also dont know about fuel controller

i was looking in to the PC3/PC5 but need opinions on that also if it would be a good match for the parts or if not maybe go with the DMC controler

if yous can help me out would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Do you ever see yourself riding in an area with sound restrictions? If not, then the DMC's are the way to go. Otherwise, I would get Barker duals with quiet cores. I have owned and installed both. I would run DMC's if not for noise restrictions.

My opinion is go with the FCI intake if you can afford it. Its the best and will not limit you in the future as you progress.

Get the new Power Commander V with timing also. For the same reasons as the FCI.
And welcome to the forum!

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
Do you ever see yourself riding in an area with sound restrictions? If not, then the DMC's are the way to go. Otherwise, I would get Barker duals with quiet cores. I have owned and installed both. I would run DMC's if not for noise restrictions.

My opinion is go with the FCI intake if you can afford it. Its the best and will not limit you in the future as you progress.

Get the new Power Commander V with timing also. For the same reasons as the FCI.
And welcome to the forum!
I agree with most of what easy said except for the exhaust..mainly because I don't like the straps on the barkers..don't remember if the new monsters duals have quite cores but would look @the those over barkers imo...but I luv my force 4's, pc 5, and fci with box ...I would prefer to have the pc5 with timing though..

·
Ridin High.....
961 Posts
I agree with most of what easy said except for the exhaust..mainly because I don't like the straps on the barkers..don't remember if the new monsters duals have quite cores but would look @the those over barkers imo...but I luv my force 4's, pc 5, and fci with box ...I would prefer to have the pc5 with timing though..
agreed. i dont like the straps on the barkers either. the billet clamps are OK but i still prefer DMC for looks and fitment. they perform about the same as well.

FCI intake ftw. spend the extra cash instead of just getting a billet adapter intake. well worth it.

you can get a used PC3 or PC5 on the forums for decently cheap. same with most of the other parts mentioned. but the new PC5 is where its at, timing and fuel in one controller.......imo

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have the DMC force 4's on my raptor and love them! Easy to install and fitment was spot on. They sound very nice and deep, but not overly loud. Either fuel controller you listed is very good. FCI is the best intake if continued modding is in the plans.
I would also recommend going to a 15 tooth front sproket up front after these mods. More pull in every gear and less shifting with the added power.

·
Premium Member
3,997 Posts
Check out our kits

http://tqsatv.com/products.php?cat=Raptor+700+Big+3

That should get you started. All of our PC3/PC5 come premapped for your setup when you purchase it in the package. It would be a plug in and ready to ride type of deal.

Here is a link on a write up on intakes I did. It will explain all the options and their differences.

http://www.raptorforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56655

DMC's are great. I have sold nearly 500 sets and not had a single guy call me back with a complaint.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts