Raptor Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so I just rebuilt my engine put a 11:1 comp CP piston stage one hot cam and had a valve job done. Put it all back togeather and broke it in and it ran fine for a few days then yesterday I went to the local sand pits to ride with some friends and crank it up this morning to ride and everytime I give it gas and let off it puffs smoke out... why is this? Could I have done something wrong rebuilding it?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its really more white than blue but smells like oil

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
its really more white than blue but smells like oil
What components did you replace, did you deglaze the cylinder bore, what piston clearance did you have and what piston ring gap did you have when you rebuilt the engine? Did you change the valve seals??????

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry it took awile to reply and I have no idea I sent my cylinder to alba raceing and they bore and honed my cylinder along with setting the ring gap. My valves I took to a local dealer to just get it all re done new valves springs and valve seals. Would haveing a little to much oil in the tank cause it to burn a little? Im assumeing that could be the problem or valve seals.. From what I can see when im rideing it really doesnt smoke much when its warmed up but its starting to get cold down here so I dont know if that would have any affect on it or not.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Sorry it took awile to reply and I have no idea I sent my cylinder to alba raceing and they bore and honed my cylinder along with setting the ring gap. My valves I took to a local dealer to just get it all re done new valves springs and valve seals. Would haveing a little to much oil in the tank cause it to burn a little? Im assumeing that could be the problem or valve seals.. From what I can see when im rideing it really doesnt smoke much when its warmed up but its starting to get cold down here so I dont know if that would have any affect on it or not.
That all depends, how mutch did ya overfill the oil tank by?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I really have no clue I have no level spot in my yard so its frustrating changeing and checking oil in quad or truck... But Ill check it at my friends when I go ride ( he has alot of flat level ground) and it seems to be fine. Ill check it before I go ride at my house and its barely touching the dipstick. Iv been checking it alot lately since iv done my rebuild everything else seems to be fine though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts