Raptor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I went to check my oil today and I have an aftermarket oil tank that holds a quart more than stock. But when I checked it their wasn't evin any on my dipstick. And my friend that I ride with says he can smell oil. What would cause my raptor to burn oi? Or is it supposed to burn oil??

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alright thank you.Is it a hard thing to fix?

·
Registered
836 Posts
piston rings, valve guids, valve seals... there are a number of things that can cause you to burn oil. You or your buddies didn't notice any blue smoke coming from your exhaust while you were riding?

·
Master of the Electron
15,236 Posts
1) Check when hot, after sitting for a minute or two. A lot of the oil slowly returns to the engine when sitting for a long period, and the volume shrinks when cold.

2) Even if you're burning oil, if performance hasn't been affected, you don't need to worry yet - just keep the level up (when hot).

I go through perhaps 4 to 8 ounces per day of riding, and have since I got it 4 years ago... consumption hasn't changed over that time nor has performance.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Alright and no performance hasn't been affected. That i can tell lol and it might puff out a little when i shift gears but that's about it. And when its a cold start if you rev it but im pretty sure that's normal. and sorry for it takeing me awile to answer back currently don't have the internet. :(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts