Raptor Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I had my bike down for the past few weeks repairing some minor stuff. I changes the oil and when I started it up i noticed that It had white smoke pouring out of the exhaust. Now this might have been my fault as I did put some gas in my bike that was laying aroung in a small container and then relized it might have been mixed gas from a weed eater.LOL ok so I pulled the plug out tonight and noticed that it was a bit dark like a oil or carbon... almost like a 2 stroke that was running rich. So where so i go now? replace the plug and fresh gas? any comments?..Im still so new to 4 strokes but im learning fast.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Sounds like you have pre-mix in your tank. Usually when a four stroke burns oil its blue. White usually indicates headgasket, antifreeze smells somewhat sweet when it burns. However imo you have premixed two stroke gas in yours, as your plug indicates a rich condition. Thats just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess ill kn ow tomorrow. Im gonna run good gas and a new plug and see what happens. thanks for the response

·
Registered
348 Posts
white smoke=water/coolant burning blue = oil black = a rich condition/excess fuel. old fuel could be contaminated, it can absorb water if left open for any length of time

·
Registered
285 Posts
Are there any common causes for Raptors burning oil. (not trying to hijack, just adding to the thread)

Mine burns some oil. I can smell it after riding it hard. Also when I let my friends ride it and watch I see some white (could be blue) from the tailpipe when they shower down on it.

Doesn't really bother me, its an '01 so I figure its seen better days. If its just worn out, I'll just keep riding it till it has no compression and I'll rebuild it. But if its something common and fixable, I'd like to fix it before the oil toasts the rings.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.