Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. My raptor is burning about 750ml in a 2h ride if i push it just a little bit. I know it's not normal.
So what are my options!?

·
Master of the Electron
15,685 Posts
Other than tear down, add oil - it is cheap in comparison.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Oh yeah it does smoke. but it's wierd because sometime it does, and some time it doesnt.
Can i only change de piston ring!? and will it help?
Oh and to be more precise. Sometime when sitting on idle it start smoking blue... but not everytime.
But it smokes blue when i push the gaz and in acceleration. If i accelerate slowly it will be fine.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yesterday it was smoking blue alot, you could follow me only with the blue smoke. Today No smoke at all. only a little when pushing the idles to high.
Any idea of an intermittent problem that could result in burning oil!?

·
Master of the Electron
15,685 Posts
Stuck ring became unstuck?

·
Master of the Electron
15,685 Posts
Oil level too high ...........................

Could well be! Check and add oil only after warmed to normal operating temperature and then after sitting, unrunning, for a minute or two. Else, you will be prone to overfill.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
After several ride, i'm adding oil exactly as you guys told me. Got the same problem.
Could it be my oil pumps being defective so i might have a bad reading in my oil tank!?

·
Registered
182 Posts
shouldnt you always let it warm up for at least 2-3 minutes? so everything expands before you start punching it?

·
Master of the Electron
15,685 Posts
So, if there's no evidence of leakage, you're burning some oil... as I said before, oil is cheap. I burn some too... as long as performance isn't affected (and mine isn't) I will wait until it is before doing anything.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Could it be a oil pump problem!?
Cause it is really intermitent. It can be smoking blue and leaving a trail behind me, and than 5 min later it stops, and then 15 after it starts back.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ya but there's 2 pumps, one that bring oil to the top end, and one that bring back the oil in the oil tank right? if the second one don't work properly i get to much oil in the motor and could it make it burn oil!?

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
there is only 1 oil pump . your air filter wouldn't be plugged up this can cause oil consumption .
There are two oil curcuits performed by one pump. If you whant to learn what and where they are, there is an oil flow diagram in the manuel. As for blue smoke. You are burning oil. could be worn/cracked rings, spent valve seals, cracked head, leaking plugs in head. Do a leakdown test to narrow down cause. Good luck.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
There are two oil curcuits performed by one pump. If you whant to learn what and where they are, there is an oil flow diagram in the manuel. As for blue smoke. You are burning oil. could be worn/cracked rings, spent valve seals, cracked head, leaking plugs in head. Do a leakdown test to narrow down cause. Good luck.
It is actually one pump housing with two separate pumps internally that pump oil to two circuits...........

1 - 20 of 32 Posts