Raptor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friends and I got yelled at for using a local trail without the landowners permission. There are local trails everywhere around here but I guess this guy is the local A**hole and likes to start crap. My question is should I go look up the tax maps and see who owns what, where the trails are or just keep riding somewhere else till that happens again from someone else? I understand its his land but all of these trails didnt come from nuthing, someone made them. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
I'd try and find the landowner and get his permission, that way the next time the local cop wants to mess with you, you can tell him :doublebird:

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Defently have a polite conversation with him. It could be because of hunting season or livestalk that he wants you stay away from. If you talk to him you might be able to make arrangments with him.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Use good judgement. Being on somone's property with out their permission is trespassing, an offense punishable by non other than MR. Johhny Law. Just like hunting, you should ask the landowner BEFORE you roll your quad on to his/ her property. Look at it from the land owners side, he is liable for any of your injuries even IF you're on his property illegally. One guy from around here was held civally liable when a hunter trespassing on HIS property over shot a deer and hit a girl in her car a half mile away. When in doubt, just ask. My two cents.

Frank

·
Registered
148 Posts
well lucky u werent around were i live u would at least got shot at if not shot...and people wounder y i bought this fast of a machine

·
Registered
468 Posts
Great advice so far. Talking in a polite way to the guy is the best way to gain his approval. I grew up in Kentucky, out in the sticks, and we constantly had somebody complaining but we would stop and talk to them and ask their permission. Sometimes it took us several times but persistence pays off. Once they get to know you a little it is hard for them to say no. Hope it works out for you.

Craig,

·
Registered
824 Posts
yea, theres a bunch of trials here (like 2-3 mountains worth) he lets people ride all over them, but durring oct-spring theres closes due to hunters and i think so it dosnt destroy all the trails being so muddy and all

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
SIC said:
yea, theres a bunch of trials here (like 2-3 mountains worth) he lets people ride all over them, but durring oct-spring theres closes due to hunters and i think so it dosnt destroy all the trails being so muddy and all
Also keeps from scaring away the animals and your less likely to get shot by a dumb ass hunter thinking your the biggest darn buck he ever did saw

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
"I understand its his land ... " - looks like you already know the answer to your question. Trespassing is WRONG; to knowingly do so is just ignorant.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I understand, and I went and asked my neighbors if they minded and none of them cared, they all said this guy is the local A**hole and trys to be a thorn in peoples side. Now the cops are involved luckily I know the chief so should be an open and closed case.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts