Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there!! This is my first post on the boards and am a newbe to quads. About a month ago I bought a 700r and life has been great. My wife is wanting a bike as she is having a ton of fun on mine(only problem I have right now).
ANYWAYS... I wanna get her a bike so we can ride together and it looks like the Raptor 350 is the one. She does like riding mine and would be similar to the 350 and has reverse. Do women handle this bike fairly well????
What about cost for the bike??? With the 07's out and about I was wondering if anyone had any feedback on their purchase or any other comments about getting the best price. Any info on this would be great!!!

Thanks,

Rob

·
Registered
841 Posts
Bout the beginning of the year I bought a 350.....loved it......started thinkin about the 700's and decided I was gonna get one of them so I gave the 350 to the gf.......she loves it, specially with the mods and tires I put on it..lol......I say yes, ur wife will love this quad (all but the reverse, sometimes can be a pain)....unlike "us" females just wanna ride but the 350 with a few mods will be plenty power

·
Registered
116 Posts
if she can handle the 700 well, she should have no problem with the 350. i would be careful, she might want the power of the 700, you might be better off getting the 450

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Picked her up a 350 today. Looked at a few quads and figured that a 350 would be the best.
I have read about the reverse problems etc and seems poping the clutch out a little putting it from reverse to 1st seems to work good. We are going out this weekend to tear it up. Beats running it in the backyard.

For the raptor 350 does anyone have suggestions where I can get good after market parts?? Thanks again.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Jeremy said:
What a mistake...

Z400 > 400EX > 350

The power will get boring.
I think the 350 is a great choice for his wife. Sure the 400ex is a little faster top speed than the 350 and the Z400 is a little faster than the 400ex. But you are taking approximately a $500 jump on each step up. Not everyone has to have the fastest bike there is!

You cannot beat the dependability and stability of the 350 for trail riding. The Raptor is a little more nose heavy than the 400ex, which makes it much more stable on trails and is great for a new rider. Nothing would be worse than to have her going up a hill and give it a little too much gas and have the front end lift up on her. You would have a hell of a time getting a person new to the sport excited about going again after having a 400 lb bike come rolling down on them.

The 350 will do everything a 400ex or a Z400 can do. It may just take a split second longer to get there but I really doubt his wife will care. My wife loves our 350 and rarely gets above 4th gear. She just likes being able to ride with our kids and spending time with the family. Plus she does not like the looks of the Suzuki's or Honda's. She likes the Raptor for it's looks more than anything!!! ;)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Palerider....well said man!!!
I think my wife will enjoy the bike and I dont think she will ever want to take my 700 full bore. She will do just fine im sure on the 350 and if she ever wants can take the 700.

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
Geezhun said:
I think my wife will enjoy the bike and I dont think she will ever want to take my 700 full bore. She will do just fine im sure on the 350 and if she ever wants can take the 700.
yea i think the 350 well be fine for ur wife to... :thumbsup:...most chick's dont really like goin two fast anyway's.. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
116 Posts
04RAPTOR350BOY17 said:
Geezhun said:
yea i think the 350 well be fine for ur wife to... :thumbsup:...most chick's dont really like goin two fast anyway's.. :thumbsup:
exactly... my girlfriend wants a quad but she would be much happier on a small utility then a race quad. it's all about what she would want. you can always trade in again if you want something bigger. and it's a plus if you have kids... theres a good hand-me-down

·
Registered
841 Posts
My girl loves hers, hell she rocked an old 2 stroke Polaris 90 prior to this so shes happy...went riding the other day and she was able to go everywhere I did on my 700...she also has Holeshot HD's front and rear, good tire fot the 350 I think

·
Registered
116 Posts
StuntPunkJames said:
My girl loves hers, hell she rocked an old 2 stroke Polaris 90 prior to this so shes happy...went riding the other day and she was able to go everywhere I did on my 700...she also has Holeshot HD's front and rear, good tire fot the 350 I think
i think the 350 can go anywhere the 660 or 700 can, but it just might take a little longer.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
PVT Joker said:
StuntPunkJames said:
i think the 350 can go anywhere the 660 or 700 can, but it just might take a little longer.
Not true in the dunes. I have been stuck at the bottom of a big dune before. That is when I decided that I wanted a bigger engine. :mad: Of course I tried about a dozen times to get up before I sat at the bottom and pouted. Finally someone let me take their 400ex up...

·
Registered
116 Posts
pile0g00 said:
Not true in the dunes. I have been stuck at the bottom of a big dune before. That is when I decided that I wanted a bigger engine. :mad: Of course I tried about a dozen times to get up before I sat at the bottom and pouted. Finally someone let me take their 400ex up...
you were stuck at the bottom on the dune? like near the bottom but on the face of a dune? not going everywhere the 700 can might be true, i don't know i've only been to the dunes a couple of times. the first time i went i used my buddies 400ex and followed him everywhere (he has a 700). then i went back later with my 350 and went everywhere just fine if not better. i think it's because i am more used to my bike. maybe because i just havn't gotten to a dune steep enough and tall enough. but i deffinatly think the 700 shines in the dunes.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
PVT Joker said:
pile0g00 said:
you were stuck at the bottom on the dune? like near the bottom but on the face of a dune? not going everywhere the 700 can might be true, i don't know i've only been to the dunes a couple of times. the first time i went i used my buddies 400ex and followed him everywhere (he has a 700). then i went back later with my 350 and went everywhere just fine if not better. i think it's because i am more used to my bike. maybe because i just havn't gotten to a dune steep enough and tall enough. but i deffinatly think the 700 shines in the dunes.
Yes I was at the bottom of a big dune that everyone else went up. Then they sat there and watched me try to get up.
The 350 goes up all but the really steep and long dunes. I really enjoy the 350 it has more than enough power everywhere else I have rode it and it even works good in the dunes, just do not expect it to make it to the top of all of them is all I am saying.
I agree that the 700 is a good bike, but so is the 350, 400's and 450's. You just need to choose one for your particular riding style.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts