Raptor Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dealer wants 4400 + tax...what do you guys think about that? Im mostly going to be riding woods..might take it to the track to play around no racing involved...Uhh im 19 yrs old around 130lbs,5'9. Am i going to be dissipointed in power? Let me know thanks guys!! :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
3,862 Posts
Ya you will like the power for about a week. A friend of mine got one for his first quad!! He rode it for like 2 weeks now he wants bigger. :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
554 Posts
That depends....... A lot of ifs in there. If you are riding tight trails where speed is not a real big factor you will enjoy the 350, but if you ride the open areas you will be wanting more power. Especially dunes. Yamahas are really "corked up" stock. They respond really well to pipes/filter/jetting. So there is more power for the 350 once it becomes to slow stock fairly cheaply.

If you enjoy jumping, definately look elsewhere.

If you can afford it you might want to think about stepping up. A new Honda 400ex, Suzuki Z400 or a Polaris Predator 500 can all be picked up right around $5000. You get a lot more bang for your buck with the water cooled Suzuki Z400 or Predator 500.

The Suzuki is a great trail bike, quick, light and comes stock with rezzie adjustable front shocks. Everybody likes to bag on the Polaris Predator 500, which I feel is undeserved. Most of it is just "parrot talking", repeating stuff they have heard. The '03 and '04 predator had a few quirks in it. From the '05 on they added reverse and made it into a really respectable machine. The common complaint is it is heavy, but when you consider it comes with Douglas rims, Maxxis Razr tires, upgraded heavy duty rear axle and Fox suspension it is not a lot heavier than the others if you added these upgrades to them. Plus it is FAST.

Of course you can always step up to the badass 700, but you are talking a large jump in price.

I bought my 350, knowing it would be passed on to my wife once all my kids of age had their own quads and I could buy what I wanted. It has served me very well with 0 problems. But I was wanting more power right away.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.