Raptor Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i need to do a clutch on it and im going to look at the quad tonight. what should i look for to make sure its not a pile of dump. also what should i look for when go out there. this is my first quad. he wants 800 for the quad, good deal?

·
Registered
435 Posts
800 bucks is a hell of a deal...i have the EBC kit and been running it for almost year and no problems.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the fast reply. That's why I was looking for. Also how much did you pay for your clutch. How hard is the clutch to do? I am mechanically inclined when it comes to cars and trucks but I've never worked on a four wheeler, should I have the pros do it or is it fairly simple? Thanks

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
does anybody have a video or pictures of some of the components. like the clutch basket and what to look for. i know there is a how to on here but thats more fo rpeople who are familiar with the parts(unlike me) much appreciated.

·
Registered
435 Posts
i paid less than $100 for it...it took me a couple hours to do...just follow the service manual..the manual will also tell you what to look for on the basket.I do have one tip for you soak them in oil overnight and also there is a bolt that you need to have in the cover when putting the cover back or you wil never get it back in...its the lower left one.

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
Tusk is hit and miss, with too much miss for me to run one. EBC's kits are around 90-100 bucks, most of your clutch kits are 80-120 dollars.

There is a good sticky on replacing a clutch, should help you out.

·
Premium Member
956 Posts
When I got mine the guy I got it from said the clutch needed to be changed. I took it all apart and checked everything out. Found they were good, changed the oil and been running good. The oil was as black as the tires.

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
Wish I could find deals like that one. $800 for a Raptor with a possible clutch change? Wow. Yeah I'd jump all over that one.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I just bought it, after some tweeking and re-assembling here and there I found out that there is a bent front wheel, bent axle, and the clutch is bad obviously. But what surprised me was it came with full yoshimira titanium 2 exhaust two new Itp rear wheels in side some new Maxxis razors, and the good stuff like fat bars and nerf bars, and k&n filter! All for 700 bucks total. Any body have the parts I need to replace?

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
Even with having to replace those parts, you are only looking at a couple hundred bucks, max, so you are still getting a great deal. Check the parts for sale section, there are always people doing part-outs, you should be able to find stuff pretty quickly.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
one more question then ill leave this thread alone. what oil should i soak the plates in. gear oil or normal motor oil. id use yamalube 20w 40 unless otherwise suggested. i just found an endurance trailtech gauge by my battery. that explains why there is a weird open gauge pod on my handle bars haha.

·
Premium Member
956 Posts
engine oil, the same thing you use in the bike

1 - 16 of 16 Posts