Raptor Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im itching to buy the new 700 se so bad I cant even sleep at night. Problem is around here I cant seem to find deals like you guys are finding. I belive 6500$ was the best for a stock 700 and 7000$ for the SE. Thats without taxes!, now I have a little over 6000$ cash saved but id rather finance it to start building credit. My question is for somebody who doesnt have real credit would finacing even be an option? Also does anybody know of any good dealerships in the NY NJ PA CT area? :help:

·
Registered
510 Posts
troycitygarage.com.........$6520 otd................

·
Registered
965 Posts
Go ahead and finance it. Since you already have $6k saved up, dump all of that on the first payment. Then all you have to worry about is $500-$1,000 to pay off. It will help you build credit, and it will be paid off before you notice the interest.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
This is what i would do. Finance $5000, that would leave you around $1500 left. Then get the yamaha credit card and pay $100-150 a month and have it paid off in 15-18 months. That would put you paying it off 6-9 months early. Then with the left over money ($1000), mod your baby out. For a 1000 bucks for could have a kick ass quad. Thats just my .02 cents -- WOODY

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
You have enough money saved that financing should not be a problem....I would put about 3-4k down on it and then figure out how muuch you would have to pay a month to pay it off in 8-12 months and pay that because it does not help your credit alot to finance something and pay the remaining balance off the next month. You need to let it stay as an open account for longer than 6 months to get the best effect off of it. Just my 2 cents

·
Registered
24 Posts
I got my 07 GYTR for $6600 + taxes..ended up being $7000 OTD with a helmet for $60. Dont worry about no credit, they will be more then happy to finance you. :lol:

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The dealership I went to said it isnt easy getting approved but I didnt tell him that I had 6000$, That troycitygarage.com is nice $6250 is great but its kinda far, not that I wouldnt drive that far but it would suck to go up there with my gas guzzling truck and come home empty handed. I doubt the dealerships here could even get near that price!

What is better the white se or the orange? ive seen the orange in person but the white is new.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Grimreaper20 said:
The dealership I went to said it isnt easy getting approved but I didnt tell him that I had 6000$, That troycitygarage.com is nice $6250 is great but its kinda far, not that I wouldnt drive that far but it would suck to go up there with my gas guzzling truck and come home empty handed. I doubt the dealerships here could even get near that price!

What is better the white se or the orange? ive seen the orange in person but the white is new.
wow thats a deal!!

sorry i dont mean to drift off topic, but i'm curious about the orange or white/blue too! i havent seen either of the SE's in person..what does look better? just by looking at the pictures i thought the white and blue ones looked really good!

good luck finding your 700!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
13,279 Posts
I really love the blue and white one I just picked up, I went with the blue and white beacuse the black just shows too many of the scraches...the white hides everything. Some friends of mine got black and they're quads look torn up now. Plus the shocks that come on the se are sick, they have three different adjustments and they ride perfect. Here is the link for the pics of mine...after mods.

http://www.picturetrail.com/socalrappy700

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
blue and white looks nice, but i have the black and orange and i live it, have you ever seev a black and orange quad before? i hadent before mine. the carbon looks cool as hell in orange.

·
Registered
13,279 Posts
My friends wife has the black and orange. I love the carbon fiber look (the blue on mine is the same carbon look) But the only reason I passed on that one is the black on hers looks all scrached up no matter how much they wax it. Black looks great but it just shows everything. I still love both colors so its just up to what the person wants.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
honestly i think if i had known about how bad black shows scratches i would have went blue, i bet that blue looks bad ass also

·
Registered
95 Posts
All these prices make me feel like I got ripped OFF :mad:

Here in the wonderful(NOT!) state of California the floor price for the 2007 Raptor 700R SE is

here goes.....huuummmm(clearing throat) $9299.00

I use the L.A. Yamaha OTD price and got mine for $7100.00 :eek:

I also got a 10% discount for being employed at LA County fire soooooooo

OTD price final for me was $6390.00 :thumbsup:

Good luck I know you can find a better deal than this!

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
ill try to buff it out but we ride alot of woods so it doesnt matter much anyway, its just going to happin again. that blue is bad ass. i didnt even see that one before i baught mine, guess i should have researched a little... owell its still FAST AS HELL :satan:

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
that place troycitygarage.com qouted me at 7000$ otd for the blue/white raptor se. Should I do it? Do you think I can talk him down?

·
Registered
510 Posts
Maybe you can get them down a little. I noticed they went up on the SE price a little. I bought my standard from them on 1/11/07. $6520 otd. My buddy bought his SE for $ 6720 otd. Ask if they can do that $. How far are you traveling? What they do is discount there $ by deducting any incentives that Yamaha might be offering. (Example) $300-500 in acessories. They just take it off the purchase price.......Works for me

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
They really dont want to finance me! I have no credit but im trying to build it. I have like $6500 but there is no way I can just toss all of that into the quad. Also the blue white se2 is hard as hell to find does anybody know how many yamaha released?

btw im gonna try that 400$ in accessories thing! thanks

1 - 19 of 19 Posts