Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to pick up mommahs new Rhino today and got a great deal on 2 Rapter 50's and 2 Raptor 80's. They were 06 closeout models. On average, they were only $700.00 more per quad than the Chinese quads they will be replacing. Was anyone else stupid enough to buy the Chinese junk trying to save a few bucks only to find out that they are disposable? I know they are not the fastest kids quads and they have dated suspension but at least I won't have to work on little 4 wheelers every time we ride.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
I think I hate you....J/K ;)

·
Registered
43 Posts
I am up for adoption! Clean, well behaved, and house trained! ;)

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
I don't hate you, I want you to adopt me into your family !!! LOL :grin_nod: Your place looks like the cool place on the block to hang out... :lol: Enjoy your new toys...... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Big Mike said:
I don't hate you, I want you to adopt me into your family !!! LOL :grin_nod: Your place looks like the cool place on the block to hang out... :lol: Enjoy your new toys...... :thumbsup:
+1

·
Premium Member
6,554 Posts
I need a trailor :(. My daughter has a Suzuki quadmaster 50 and I wouldnt trade anything for it for its simplicity and ease of gettin parts. Its by far not the fastest thing in the world(even with the porting, milling and Wiseco piston) but she's only 5(today is her Bday :thumbsup:) She has been riding since last summer and has been in a MX race already(2nd place), she picked up the skills quik 8)

·
Registered
143 Posts
i bought my son a sunl mini 90 it was ok. had to go through it before every ride, but its ok. then bought a trx 90 and what a world of differance. the sunl wouldnt go in sand at all but this trx is great. it goes anywhere!!!

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wow, that's alot of hate mail.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Two of those raptors were for brother Shane. I called to tell him the prices and he begged me to make room for two more. I feel bad because he followed my lead on buying 4 Chinese quads for his kids.
We're not adopting right now but our camp is always open.
VelociRaptor-that is awesome about your daughter! Post some pics of that!
double d 1-the TRX is what I liked most but they only had 1 07' in black and it was spendy! It was well over $1000.00 more than the Raptor 80 and I was running out of money quick.

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
so what are those poor chinese kids going to ride now??? poor kids... :'(
j/k congrats on the new purchase, and enjoy! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Money? I do this with my good looks.

Those chinese kids won't be riding Red Cats, they won't stay running.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
headingnorth said:
Those chinese kids won't be riding Red Cats, they won't stay running.

Those dang cheap chinese things never stay running. I bought some cheap chinese pocket bikes and they lasted about a month before they started having problems. The biggest problem I had was the gas tank was falling apart from the inside and it was getting all these little plastic shavings in the engine and clogging crap up all the time. :mad:

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I had one bike that stripped the lock nut on the ball joint (they put the wrong size nut on) and break the cotter pin. The ball joint came apart while my son was riding and each front tire went a different direction. Luckily he was going slow and it stopped without him getting hurt. This was with less than an hour on it. The exhaust fell off the next trip as well as the air filter assembly and I did not have extra hardware with me so our day of riding was over in 20 minutes. Our third and final trip was in Glamis. I got one day out of it before the bolt that holds the back of the engine to the frame disappeared which sent the chain flying, ripping the shroud off and bending the sprocket. The seal behind the sprocket leaked oil everywhere.

I was getting pretty good at tightening every nut and bolt after every ride on ALL of them; then my daughters 90 lost power while riding. Blown fuse- replace fuse and blows again. I checked over the whole harness to be sure it was not rubbed through somewhere and found nothing. The dealer has had it for a week and still can't figure out the problem.

If you buy one of these, carry spare parts and lot's of spare nuts and bolts. Be prepared to work on the same amount of time they ride it. Even then, they might not make it through a weekend. I have no one to blame other than myself so I'm not bitter about it. I just don't want to see anyone else go through this. Between my brother and I, we bought 6 of these things. All 6 are at the dealer right now and have been for a week.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Brother Shane took the kids out on the little Rappy's today. He took this opportunity to brush up on his riding skills. This is him getting ready to move up to his GYTR(he saved this by the way, it was close though).

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Shane and I both got a 50 and an 80. I'd talk some trash here but was actually surprised at how well the Crapper throws his Rappy around.

·
Registered
104 Posts
nice price on the raptors but dont think i would ever buy one
my buddy got an 80 and the spention is so lacking on it that he got the kid a z250 the next year
even over small bumps the raptor would bounce higher on the landing then it did over the bump
i dont know why they dont use a independant front end it would be so much better

·
Registered
64 Posts
I got my son a new Blaster for christmas this year. Mom was worried that he would get the shifting part, but he took to with only 10 minute session on how to ride the new bigger quad.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.