Raptor Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you know what cable I talk about? It plugs right into the clutch on the handlebars. Can it be disconnected while riding? Because I need some space to put my mirror so I would disconnect it.

Thx!

·
#327 "After Hours"
1,130 Posts
That cable starts your Raptor when the Clutch is pulled. You can splice them together and start it without holding the clutch lever in. Alot of people do it because its been known to become faulty after time.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
by splicing them together, what do you mean? Sorry i'm not good in english. But thank you man! So it's not a problem if I unplug it for some rides?

·
#327 "After Hours"
1,130 Posts
By splicing them together you have to join the two wires together, if you simply unplug it its only gonna start in neutral. You have to cut the wires and make a complete circut from them.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok thx

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
By splicing them together you have to join the two wires together, if you simply unplug it its only gonna start in neutral. You have to cut the wires and make a complete circut from them.
You have this backwards. Unplugging it allows the bike to start in gear. No need to cut the wires and tie them together unless you're looking to clean things up.

Otherwise just zip tie the switch up out of the way someplace after you remove it from the perch.

·
Registered
415 Posts
he's right pdx. mine has been wiggling lose and when its out, it won't start in gear even with the clutch in. when you pull the clutch in it closes the 2 prongs on that plug telling the comp that the clutch is in. if you want rid of it, you have to splice them, or it will only start in nuetral.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's what I did, I just spliced them together, cause what Swiper says is really, sometimes during races the bike stopped and I had to press 3 to 4 times the starter for it to start, maybe because of the " clutch sensor" if I can call it like that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts