Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
2008 SMX Series Champion HO
2,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to see who here is serving or has served. I myself served 4 years Active in Hawaii and got out back in June of 06......hopefully theres some more Devildogs on here :wootwoot:

·
Registered
412 Posts
Navy ... 1981-1993, now I work for the D.O.D. fun stuff!

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
My grandfather and uncle were in WW2. I lost my uncle recently. He fought in guatacanal, almost all his platoon died from japanese mortar fire(how many are in a platoon?). He decided he would hide in a bush for almost a week then high tailed it back. Then he sat up next to a tree with a mine in it, blew his back to shreds! Then had surgery right off the battle field, sent him to a (safe) island for rehab, while he was on a walk.....ran into a lone japanese with a rifle, he shot him in the face with a .45

My grandfather fought in north africa. Then moved to south tip of italy and pushed to the top border of italy when war ended. I couldn't believe they got sent a world apart from eachother...... :crazy: They both admit the fighting in the pacific was 2x's worse.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
I was an Army "dependant" for 23 years. Does that count?
Born at Fort Campbell, Ky., my first word was "helicobber."

·
Registered
735 Posts
well....ya'll kick ass! Im at Fort Leonard Wood in Missouri - anyone ever been there? Tons of riding in the area! Leagal...well, not exactly ;)

·
Registered
192 Posts
I am in the Air Force have been in for a little over 6 years. I have been stationed at Eglin AFB FL the whole time. Guess I really cant complain about the area. It was 78 today. Gotta love the warm weather. There's really no time around the year were you cant go out and ride. My dad also retired from the Air Force after 23 years of service.

·
Registered
213 Posts
How's the air force? i was thinking about joining, my grampa used to be in it, went to vietnam back in the day. I'm leaning torwards army at the moment but air force was my other choice if not. Signing up after summer simply cause i've fucked around too much and havent accomplished much.

·
Registered
192 Posts
To tell you the truth I say Air Force. I'm not just saying that because im in it but my brother in-law is in the Army and does nothing but bitch about it. He has been to Iraq about 3 times since the war has started and I have only been once. Plus he was in some shitty conditions compared to what I had to deal with. I think there is just a better standard of living in the Air Force. You dont go out to the field you work a job 5 days a week and that's all you do unless you go into combat control which my other brother in-law does. He is always gone doing some crazy shit which he regrets becuase he has a 6 month old child. The pay and benifts are all the same. If you want to go to Iraq once a year join the Army. Dont believe the recruiter when he tells you that you wont have to go. He is just has to meet a quota. I hope this makes sence becuase my wing gave us the day off tomorrow and ive been drinking all night. If you have any questions let me know and I will get the straight forward answer for you. A guy I work with just got done with recruiter duty.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
jeff850 said:
You dont go out to the field you work a job 5 days a week and that's all you do unless you go into combat control which my other brother in-law does.
Really? 5 day work week must be nice bro. On average I work 6 day weeks, sometimes 7 if we're in an exercise.

SMELLMYFACE....jeff is right about the army. But I'd go even farther to say that they deploy to Iraq more than once a year, but that also depends on how long they go for. If you want to be on the front lines all the time holding a gun and being a part of convoy's, go with the Army. The AirForce, stays a little farther behind the lines. But it all depends on what you want to do and what your ASVAP scores are. I'm a jet mechanic and I love my job, not the higher ups. But we work hard and play hard.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Im in the Air Force and been in for just shy of 5 yrs. Im a cop, well more like an air marshall ( Security Forces Raven ) in the air force . I fly with the President, Vice President, Sec of Defense, Sec of State, First lady and anybody else who has a say in my pay lol. I love my job but if you join the AF DONT go into security forces trust me on that one.
I have been to Iraq once, yes it sucked but i liked it. Its an experence of a life time. You will never forget the times you had and the friends you make in the sand.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
went into the navy,1-89 thru 3-93 got out as a as3

went in the army in 5-94 thru 3-96 as an 88n

went in the airforce as a ground radio repair in 3-96 thru 12-97

got discharged in 98 and lovin life now!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
loose nutz said:
went into the navy,1-89 thru 3-93 got out as a as3

went in the army in 5-94 thru 3-96 as an 88n

went in the airforce as a ground radio repair in 3-96 thru 12-97

got discharged in 98 and lovin life now!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
honorable? and what for, if you don't mind me asking?

·
Registered
211 Posts
Army 1983-1991. Armor 19K.

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
Navy, 8-87 and still going. I came in as an E-1 and worked my way up to CPO(E7) then crossed over to the Officer side via the Limited Duty Officer program. I'm a Surface Ordnance LT now.

Carolina 700R, I'm on the N9 staff over at NECC, are you at Little Creek?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts