Raptor Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys.
I have searched google and come up empty handed but does the cam mod work on the new 2012 yfz450 like it does on the older ones. I know Yamaha says that they have a new cam profile and something else but I wasn't sure if it was pre done from the factory or if it was something I could do? I heard someone say because it's the carb motor the cam is still retared.
Just trying to be safe and not blow the thing up.

·
Registered
23 Posts
2012 carb basic model? If yes, then the cam is different then the older carb models.... the 2012 cams are mild. it bennifit you to buy a stock 04-09 non efi cams and then cam mod that exhaust cam.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
2012 carb basic model? If yes, then the cam is different then the older carb models.... the 2012 cams are mild. it bennifit you to buy a stock 04-09 non efi cams and then cam mod that exhaust cam.
So basically it wouldnt be worth the time money and effort you think?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Well I build mostly yfz's and what I know for sure is the efi yfz has the cam mod timing built into the exhaust cam and the cam profile/ specs are different then the carb bikes. Then I know that they tamed down the new basic yfz (non adjustable shocks vacuum slide carb 40mm?) and revised the cams specs again. I have not worked on the new basic yfz yet so I can't tell ya for sure if the cam profile is the same as the efi cam where the cam mod timing is built into the cam or not. I know that the efi bikes swap out their stock efi intake cam for the older 04-09 carb intake cam and get 2hp with the stock efi exhaust cam.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts