Raptor Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,422 Posts
I would estimate that to be maybe 3 or 4 hours tops....with no complications....So, shop rates of say $75.00 an hour would give you maybe $300.00 or so tops, plus gaskets, some coolant and stuff. It could be done with less time...although I hate to hurry these things....lol....and if you brought it in with the plastics and tank off and it ready to go, that would save time.

There was a local guy that was charging $350.00 for a top end redo...he had a shop....so, that`s probably close to shop prices.

Hope that helps !

~ Sandaddy :cool:

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Yes make sure they check the head for warpage. It should be no more than .0012" and if it is then it should be milled.

·
Premium Member
1,422 Posts
Is there anything else I should have them do while they are installing the HC3 and piston?

Thanks!
Have them check what they can on the head, crank, rod, etc....just to see if all tolerances that they can check are OK....looking for excess play or signs of issues that are now visible with cylinder and piston out. Do you need honing on cylinder ?....check cylinder and head flatness....surface plate both is always a good idea when doing a top end to avoid head gasket issues.....Stuff like this

Of course, if you want to build it more....lol.....you`re really talking about a lot of possibilities. :D

~ Sandaddy 8)

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cool thanks guys! When you say build it more what's another thing to do that is not a lot of money while they are in there?

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
Thanks! I was quoted 300 by a guy here local
Just be careful about the "local guys" make whoever is doing it KNOWS what they are doing like a reputable Atv tuner cause you definitely don't want someone messin up your new parts and motor, good luck with the upgrades:D

·
Registered
62 Posts
Make sure they check the small end of the rod before reassembly. Mine was galling, and gave me a good excuse to go to a stroker, but required that the motor come out and the cases be split.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts