Raptor Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all

I was wondering what cam to install? I have a stock motor right now,I don't want to chnage piston at this time.also if i change the cam will i have to chnage the value springs to? please post a link on where to buy the cam from :)

thanks

·
Registered
177 Posts
Yah, the stage one doesn't require new springs and is said to be quieter than stage two. Click on Rocket Factory, one of the site sponsors.

·
Registered
332 Posts
yes rocket factory is one of the best company for performance. If you change cams why not and the piston with the same compression for longer reliabiliy.
Carolina does the cam need and ignition? I think it wont be nessasary! Whats the diffrent

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was told that if i go with a cam now then added the piston later i won't see much differnce? is this true?

·
Registered
177 Posts
You can do either alone or both together. You'll gain the most doing the whole package since everything has to work together, but the cam (a stage one cam, since it doesn't need new springs) is the easiest to do because it only requires removal of the cam cover to install, and then a valve adjustment. You can always do the rest later, or you can do the piston and port alone and still add the cam later if you want. Or all at once. All worth doing...

·
Registered
912 Posts
blackraptor the cam mod doesn't need an ignition. I was told that the stock ignition was really holding the 700 back so thats why i'm going with a new system. call sparks racing and ask them about the stock igintion and about the dynatek system thats coming out. I got a good feeling that a new cam/ignition in conjunction with a dyno tune should give you 3-5hp increase. 8)

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
CAROLINA_700R said:
blackraptor the cam mod doesn't need an ignition. I was told that the stock ignition was really holding the 700 back so thats why i'm going with a new system. call sparks racing and ask them about the stock igintion and about the dynatek system thats coming out. I got a good feeling that a new cam/ignition in conjunction with a dyno tune should give you 3-5hp increase. 8)
You dont NEED a new ignition with the cam is what I think he was getting at. YES, an aftermarkey ignition is suppose to wake up the beast pretty good. Dynojet is on the brink of releasing theirs.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Anyone else other then web cam have cams out for the 700 yet. I had the stage 2 cam from them in already but it went bad so need new cam. Was thinking of trying something diffrent.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Hotcam has been rumored for awhile now.....kenz I thought had some billet one? Might want to check that out.
Otherwise everyone elses cams are nothing but the stage I, II, or III webs....or they have their own grinds.....

·
Registered
935 Posts
Stage 2 hot cams works with stock valve springs???? So it says on rocky mountain :thumbsup:

·
Registered
447 Posts
hey what bumper do you have? because i honestly think im wanna buy the same one. ive been looking for bumpers for a little bit now, and that one is pretty cool.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Wow this thread got woken up from the dead :eek: :lol:

Yep the HC stage II works with stock springs

....with cams, always go bigger than you think you want to go because you will get there eventually and why buy the same type of part twice...always think ahead when you build :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
The stage II Hotcam is possibly the best all around cam for the money. There are tons of people on here running them with stock springs. There are plenty of maps available for almost every conceivable combo. It is a straight drop in that is cheap enough to not sweat it if you decide to kick it up another notch down the road. We need some of this stickied http://www.raptorforum.com/index.php?topic=18532.msg212150#msg212150
Great job Freez :grin_nod:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.