Raptor Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i got the raptor to turn over, engine is not seized, and no more engine codes. but my decompression pin assembly gets stuck and it is sluggish to turn over. also it sounds like it wants to start but it just pops and every now and then a flame will come out the exhaust. could it possibly be my valves or timing? the cam chain also seems loose, it has a custom extended cam chain tensioner made from kenz. i have a custom made cam from kenz, and a 52mm throttle body with a RC 650 injector. help me please

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i forgot to mention that the sluggishness gets worse when i open the throttle. also it pops more when i open the throttle as well, but that makes sense

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
i forgot to mention that the sluggishness gets worse when i open the throttle. also it pops more when i open the throttle as well, but that makes sense
If this is the case, then you have too much compression, check out the decompression device................

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If this is the case, then you have too much compression, check out the decompression device................
yea the reason it was doing that was because the timing was off by a tooth. i redid the timing and it jumped 2 this time, the cam chain guide was all chewed up cause of the extension.

·
Registered
316 Posts
if your jumping timing,,, replace it all,,, chain,slides, and tensionor....go to site sponser like TQS or KB..
this is just my opion...i have never seen this in person....but i have read a few posts on the YFZ doing it?
might want to change the oil if you think there in bits of plastic from the slides in the motor...

ask some guys that run big stokes.. mabe start a new thead put the problem in the title

good luck
how long have you had this build?

·
Registered
560 Posts
I'd call your builder, there is something wrong inside that thing and your going to ruin some high dollar parts if you jump anymore teeth

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ive had the build for more than a year now. ive got a good 40 hours on the build too. the problem was that the cam chain tensioner that he had was working fine, but i kept loosing the bolt and spring because it got stripped out, so i made a new one and thats the one that f***ked up everything.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
im just going to replace the chain and the chain guide, and put a stock tensioner on it and see what happens

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have seen people make cam chain tensioners longer than stock, as a band aid fix for a worn out cam chain. The most common thing I see is someone welding a nut on the tip of the tensioner to quiet the chain down enough to sell it or trade it in. I get burned by that occasionally on trade ins.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts