in. 420 246
ex. 385 244

The X2
in. 480 264
ex. 445 260

Hot cams stage 1

in. 378 253.5
ex. 339 243

Hoy cams stage 2 So pretty much the only difference between stage 1 and 2 hot cams is that
there is more intake valve lift on a stage 2 that's it.
in. 405 253.5
ex. 339 243

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
look better? I was in a hurry crusing the net between classes ::)

·
Registered
793 Posts
You didnt put the secs for web cams. So which would I benefit more from with a 11.1 piston and duals? I need to read up a little more on cams I know.

·
Registered
262 Posts
hey sparky have you guys tested the X2 Vs. the web cam stage 3? and do you know the specs on the web cam stage 3?

·
Registered
305 Posts
I would be instrested in that too.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yeah, I would also be intrested, I was looking into buying this http://www.duncanracing.com/prods/DR-294K/ but I don't think I need the head porting and seating for $500, I'm pretty sure I can do that myself, I mean I port snowmobile jugs all the time, but I don't know, is it worth the $500 to get it professionaly done? I think the only difference is, one person is getting paid and the other isn't. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
305 Posts
Im not sure, but i dont think you can do valve seat at home can you? Port and polish im sure you can probley do a decient job. Maybe the same if your good and know how much and what to take off.

I still dont see why you would want to spend 1000.00 for a cam, springs, and valves. Anywhere else its a lil more then half that. Says on the site with porting (which would bring the total to 1500.00) you can expect a gain of 5hp. I dont think thats anything to brag about for 1500.00 do you?

http://www.geisickperformance.com/yamaha_raptor_700_cams.htm

·
Registered
106 Posts
flybyraptor, you are the man!!! That is what I have been looking for. Thanks.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
From what I understand hotcams says that you do not need to do any valve springs with their cams they are "drop in"

Does anybody have a desktop dyno? I would like to see how the cams differ from one another "theoretically"

·
Registered
26 Posts
Ok yeah I think I will hand it over to the pros. I have all the equipment (except for flow bench) to do it but I don't want to mess it up. Any ideas where I can get the seating and porting done for a good price?

·
Registered
153 Posts
check with site sponsors, they are usually willing to work with you!

I know I have been talking to Geisick performance and it will run 450-500 for the port and valve seats for +1mm valves!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts