Raptor Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am thinking of purchasing a cam right now, I prviously had a hc2 for my Honda 450 and was pretty satisfied. I am looking for a mid-top end or a good all around cam. I like the hc2 because I will not have to change the springs. Would I have to with the 3? Is there a better web cam I can get with stock springs ?

Mods will full alba exhaust, msd blaster, and pro design k&n kit. Later on I plan on head porting and will either go with a new cylinder and piston or new piston not sure yet, also plus 2-3 throttlebody. Should I wait for the cam until I do those mods?

·
Registered
51 Posts
No springs needed according to hotcams. A buddy of mine runs this way no problems with stage 3. Between the 2... id get the 3. the specs on the 2 are so close to the 3 i dont see much bottom end loss with it. slight difference in lobe seperation and 6 more degrees duration at .040 than stage 2.

But if your planning to go bigger id save for a bigger cam. Thats just me. Only webs smallest cam doesnt need springs. so a better web without springs= No. web40c/942 would be good all around. More top = web 290. Those need rocker clearance. theres a lot of choices.

without a hc piston they wont work nearly as well. you can run 12.1:1 with the hotcam stage 3 on premium. as well with anything bigger than a 3.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My quad is gonna be an all around trail quad also so i think a hc3 will be plenty. I ride mostly open fields and woods

1 - 3 of 3 Posts