Raptor Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is any one riding with a CamelBak water system and a chest protector? How do you like it? Is it comfortable? Thanks Scott

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
I think it makes my chest protector tighter, and if I don't wear the camelbak it feels loose. If I only wear the camelbak it starts to rub and feels like I have bad sunburn at the end of the day - unless I wear the kidney belt which helps a lot too. All of them together are really comfortable, makes everything feel better, more secure IMO.

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
My small camelback pack that's just about enough for the camelback and some small tools, etc. is a bit tight with both a roost gaurd and also with my Fox Titan Jacket/armor, so I've taken to using a larger, but still small-ish regular backpack, and throwing my camelback bladder in there. It's much more comfortable and adjusts a bit better for me.

I've seen a couple guys who have simply mounted the camelback bladder onto their roost gaurds, and I believe at one point I saw a roost gaurd with an integrated camelback setup, but I'm not finding it in my searching :banghead:

Here's a decent write-up on attaching one: http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...us&ndsp=20&tbm=isch&ei=hFYkTsS5GYnmiAK95eipAw

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok Thanks and you wear it under the chest protector? which one do you have?

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
I wear it over the protection. The Roost gaurd I have is an EVS Flux. The Armor is Fox Titan Jacket.

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Seg dose it bounce around? I dont want some thing thats not going to be comforatable and feel like its gonna fall off every few minutes.

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
The one I have I think its the fox air frame chest protector. not sure if that matters. Seg that a cool way of doing it, I wonder if they still make that style to just put the straps through it.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's pretty cool but not worth 130 for another one. dose your camelabk have the waist strap?

·
Registered
1,393 Posts

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
$130's not too bad if you consider the price of a good Roost and Camelback together. Kinda sucks if you've already got a guard and don't want to buy another though lol

No, it doesn't bounce around too much, but I use both wait and sometimes chest straps too usually. The pack I use is actually a small hiking/skiing pack, fits my needs well and has a large waterproof pocket.

I like that Big Sur setup RF !

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Yeah I like the big sur one because I can fit a little more stuff like wallet, keys, cell phone, small air compressor, a Motul Tyre Repair can and a couple of tools. I think it is the perfect size for me.

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
Not that one, I've never seen that Zacspeed one before, but it looks very nice ! Looks like a lot of thought went into that one, some real nice features ! I'd say that looks nicer than the one I saw a few years back. Good find ! :beer:

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The zacspeed is nice but expensive

1 - 15 of 15 Posts